YafaRay4tS version 0.8.0

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: YafaRay4tS version 0.8.0

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 12:50
clintonman wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 05:28 All these scripts use an updated rsx plugin to make the noise textures, interface to the workspace render system and an update to the folder selection code.
Sounds great!
How will YafaRay4tS use the the Workspace render system?
Will it Render to a Space 3D window?
Will it be using the Workspace Offline Renderer buttons?
It will appear in the list of renderers and use the offline render buttons, so not a big change.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:45
clintonman wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 05:28 All these scripts use an updated rsx plugin to make the noise textures, interface to the workspace render system and an update to the folder selection code.
Sounds great!
It will appear in the list of renderers and use the offline render buttons, so not a big change.
I am concerned with that because I modified the Workspace's offline renderer buttons to change the Vray's Window's size to match the Vray's preferences panel.

Code: Select all

function Execute(params)
{
if (Node.Exists(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray"))
{
Width = Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray", "Image Width")
Height = Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray", "Image Height")
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 1/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 1", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 2/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 2", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 3/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 3", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 4/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 4", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}

}
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 16:10
clintonman wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 14:45
Sounds great!
I am concerned with that because I modified the Workspace's offline renderer buttons to change the Vray's Window's size to match the Vray's preferences panel.

function Execute(params)
{
if (Node.Exists(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray"))
{
Width = Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray", "Image Width")
Height = Node.Value(Space.CurrentScene() + "/Vray", "Image Height")
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 1/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 1", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 2/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 2", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 3/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 3", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}
if (Node.Exists("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 4/VrayView Node"))
{
WindowsManager.MoveWindow("/Project/Windows Manager Space/Frame Window, 4", -1, -1, Width, Height, -1, -1, -1)
}

}
What is the code change on the buttons themselves? Are they calling the script listed above?
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Yes, this line was added to the end.

Activity.Run('/Scripts/Commands/RenderScene');
For the render scene button it calls the RenderScene.xml
OfflineRender.OpenView('',0,0);OfflineRender.RenderScene('');Activity.Run('/Scripts/Commands/RenderScene')
All of the other buttons were changed too.
The new Vray Material Editor does the same.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

It won't have any effect. The buttons themselves are not changed when you choose a different render engine. So when I add Yafaray it will also run your extra script. You already have a check for a vray node in the scene, so it will just return without doing anything.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Not to sure about this.
If a user has Vray loaded in the Package Manager, it will create the Vray node automatically in every new scene.
I could be wrong about this. Not able to test this when changing Offline Renderers.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 17:30 Not to sure about this.
If a user has Vray loaded in the Package Manager, it will create the Vray node automatically in every new scene.
I could be wrong about this. Not able to test this when changing Offline Renderers.
That's surprising, but still minor. Worst case scenario is when you render from Yafaray the window size is set to vray size. Easy fix is to just add one line of code to return if the current render engine is not Vray.
Clinton Reese

clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

I did tests on the sample scenes, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4343&p=42356&hilit=yafaray#p42356
They worked except for glass scene. Looks like it had an old version of the smoothing applied.
Also found out that draw parameters doesn't work anymore. It was changed to a new system called "logging badges".

Tests were with Yafaray v3.3.0.Standalone version and YafaRay4tS v0.8.0

I found the missing instructions for the "update YafaRay in existing scenes" script in the second post in this thread

I also found a small bug when using textures. A texture is an on or off thing, but it should be a blend between the texture and the plain color of the material.
BlendMaterialTest.jpg
image shows 2 material colors blended together with a wood procedural texture
Blend materials is a "no go". There is no way to blend materials together and if you try to blend the values before it becomes a material trueSpace can't handle it and is buggy and unreliable. I was able to combine just the color portion of 2 materials. The downside is that tS only supports 1 material in that way. So you can hack something together but you cannot apply the material anywhere else cause only 1 material node can survive the process.

As I write this I got an idea for blend materials...hmm, maybe there's still an option for this...

On the bright side it looks like the procedural textures will work.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

Looking great!
Have you noticed the sample test in v3?
test01 - expected render result.png
Seems to me that the lights are to bright in Yafaray4tS and the last time I tested last week, I could not get rid of the faceting on a sphere, no matter what settings I used in the Smoothing.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 13:36 Looking great!
Have you noticed the sample test in v3?
test01 - expected render result.png
Seems to me that the lights are to bright in Yafaray4tS and the last time I tested last week, I could not get rid of the faceting on a sphere, no matter what settings I used in the Smoothing.
You should post a sample scene of the lights and sphere problems.
Clinton Reese