YafaRay4tS version 0.7.6 Beta test

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: YafaRay4tS version 0.7.6 Beta test

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:I will check that out, Thanks!
Edit: looks like if the library is modified in any way triggers the error.

Here is a script I created that transfers over 120 settings from Y4tS075 to Y4tS076. Everything except the paths. Have not figured that out yet but also thinks it might not be necessary.
120! Wow, someones been busy :bananatyping: . I didn't even know there were so many settings.

Another stab in the dark - is the folder open in the truespace library view? Maybe there's some library command that can delete it.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

clintonman wrote:120! Wow, someones been busy :bananatyping: . I didn't even know there were so many settings.
LOL...yes you have been! You keep adding and adding.

Does not matter if it is open or close, even closed and reboot tS. If you modify the library in any way it'll throw an error. Atleast here in my test.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

Here is a new version of the render node. I think this one will work with all versions of Yafaray. (Need to test yaf 0.1.2beta)

gives each mesh an id number - worked without it but was not the correct way to do it

checks the yafaray version number by running yafaray to get the version before writing the xml file, removed the beta0.12 checkbox

defaults to a tga file extension if there is none
checks v1.1 for tga or exr file extensions

clean the UI
Attachments
YafaRay4tS.zip
(114.75 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Clinton Reese

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

clintonman wrote:Here is a new version of the render node. I think this one will work with all versions of Yafaray. (Need to test yaf 0.1.2beta)

gives each mesh an id number - worked without it but was not the correct way to do it

checks the yafaray version number by running yafaray to get the version before writing the xml file, removed the beta0.12 checkbox

defaults to a tga file extension if there is none
checks v1.1 for tga or exr file extensions

clean the UI
I have tried this on a couple of files and only problem I see is objects come out faceted instead of smooth. I load the object to update scene for yafaray ver 1.5 but the problem is still there?

Also getting this error on one of my older files. See image
Attachments
Error.png
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

FHembree wrote:...

I have tried this on a couple of files and only problem I see is objects come out faceted instead of smooth. I load the object to update scene for yafaray ver 1.5 but the problem is still there?

Can you share the problem file?

That faceting is a problem. Blender seems to store the smoothing angle in the mesh. In truespace you might press the auto facet normals button, but it changes the normals instead of saving a smoothing value inside the mesh. So maybe I should add an option to apply smoothing to everything at render time with an angle from the normals smoothing from the Misc tab. It should probably have an angle of 30 degrees to match the default truespace auto facet normals.

I'm open to suggestions and I'll see what I can find out about how Blender handles the smoothing.
Clinton Reese

trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I thought you had to apply smoothing?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

trueBlue wrote:I thought you had to apply smoothing?
Yep, I was thinking there might be a better way, but it's a limitation of Yafaray to use smoothing instead of normals. I checked out Blender and if you set any smoothing on any of the faces then Yafaray sees the entire mesh as smooth with angle of 181 degrees. In each mesh there is an option for autosmooth angle. If it's active and smoothing is applied to any part of the mesh then the entire mesh will be smoothed with the autosmooth angle. So bottom line is it doesn't seem to work any better in Blender. The YafaRay4ts apply smoothing is equivalent to Blender auto smooth and you have to set smoothing on each object as needed.
Clinton Reese

FHembree

Post by FHembree »

clintonman wrote:
FHembree wrote:...

Can you share the problem file?

That faceting is a problem. Blender seems to store the smoothing angle in the mesh. In truespace you might press the auto facet normals button, but it changes the normals instead of saving a smoothing value inside the mesh. So maybe I should add an option to apply smoothing to everything at render time with an angle from the normals smoothing from the Misc tab. It should probably have an angle of 30 degrees to match the default truespace auto facet normals.

I'm open to suggestions and I'll see what I can find out about how Blender handles the smoothing.

Sure, attached is problem file. I have also included image textures.
Attachments
M38.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 244 times
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

trueBlue wrote:I thought you had to apply smoothing?
That works easy enought for me. Just click on the faceted objects and click apply. 8-)
trueBlue
Captain

Post by trueBlue »

I took you scene for a spin. I replaced your Y4tS061 panel for the just released one by Clinton. You can find the script in this thread that transfers the old values to the new panel.
I get the same error as you. Odd that it gets stuck on line 341 as that is just a default value.
Nevertheless since Clinton updated the YafaRay4tS project Y4tS070, all of the Yafaray Materials and Lights were changed as well. So I reapplied the new materials to your objects and it renders fine without errors. HTH