Another query.

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Another query.

Post by Kurt »

Okay, gents, I'm studying the Manual and getting right along there. Surprised myself., not as stupid as I thought I was.

I can manipulate objects and libraries and materials now..... BUT... for some reason when I make an animation in Workspace, and then go over to Model side to render it as an .avi, it only renders a still image, (presumably the first frame of the animation).

I know all the correct settings for rendering to file, size, check frame numbers 0 to whatever, and so on. But it just doesn't do it in Model side. And I can't render it in Workspace, because it tells me to go to Model to render.

I understand I need some renderer installed in order to render an animation in Workspace, but I don't know what that is, how to get it, and how to install it.

ALSO......

The little round red "Set Keyframes" button has a tiny green arrow in the corner, but when I click and hold on it, no submenu opens. Am I missing something?

Any advice will be gladly accepted, (except to stop asking dumb questions! ;) )
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Another query.

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi Kurt,

as far as I know, actually there are two renderers for WS available.

1) YafaRay - free - open source
2) Indigo - commercial, but the tS-supported older Version 1.0.9 is free

To use these renderengines with tS, you need to install a special tS-exporter for each.
Install the renderengines first and afterwards install the exporters into trueSpace.

You find everything you need at the following links, also Information on how to use them.

________

tS-exporter for YafaRay (Download and Help):
http://www.yafaray4ts.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

further informations in "Yaf(a)Ray 4 Truespace development info thread!":
http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... a1f&t=7782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
________

tS-exporter for Indigo:
http://forums1.caligari.com/truespace/s ... a1f&t=7597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
________

Renderer:

http://www.yafaray.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.indigorenderer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH :D
-BM.
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

there are two options you have if you do not want to add another program to teh list.

If you are rendering from model side with Lightworks, Make sure you have the option checked to render Workspace anamation and not modelside anamation.

If you wnated to use the render options from the realtime Workspace side. There is the last icon on the bottom left of the screen which should be rederer for the workspace side. This will allow you to render teh image sequence as a PNG, JPG, etc.. Then you can use VirtualDub or another program to combine the image sequence into an AVI.

I am sorry I do not have any Screenprints of the actual buttons to looks for on this computer, but I think they were in another post.
First Light
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by First Light »

Hi BooxieMalone,

I was not aware of Indigo and I've started to investigate it so I can update our trueSpace FAQs. What I've learned seems to contradict your statement about it working from the Workspace Side. According to a post by v3rd3 on the Indigo Renderer forum, the tS exporter for Indigo will only work from the Model Side---not the Workspace Side.

Can you confirm which side the exporter script really works from?

Best regards, First Light
BooxieMalone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BooxieMalone »

Hi First Light,

I didn't work in modelside up to now, but will sometime. The exporter works definately in WS (had some problems in the beginning :oops: ). The last Version (4) doesn't work for me, don't know why, but the 3rd one does it well.

HTH
Regards
-BM.
First Light
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by First Light »

Thanks BM. It makes sense that it would because two of the three scripting languages for trueSpace (JScript and VBScript) are Workspace Side only. The one Model Side scripting language is Python and I don't think that it is used as often as the other two.
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Thanks, BooxieMalone.

I went to those links and got all that stuff.

Hoo, boy, there's a lot to learn!!! :o

Cheers,
Kurt
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt »

Thanks, Karthogen.

I've saved your post to refer to when I go to install.

Cheers,
Kurt
Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kurt »

:superbanana: :superbanana:

Woo-hoo!!! I got it! I managed to render an animation in WS, convert it to an .avi in VirtualDub, carry it over to my eMac and import it into iMovie as a movie clip ..... which is exactly what I got Truespace for!!!

Still have to figure out how to do "dolly" and "tracking" moves in animations, (like a camera panning with a travelling object), but I'll keep at it. I think it has something to do with "additive mode", right?

Thanks again to all for your patience and advice so far with the newbiest newbie ever. :worship:
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Hey I think you're doing great Kurt.

Well, one place you don't want to see a newbie is brain surgery; and hear them say,

Ok... now what??? :ugeek: