Indigo Renderer

LightWorks, VRay, Dribble, YafaRay and more..
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Indigo Renderer

Post by fahembree »

Yes, but I was loading the plugin from d:\truespace761\ts\RS Main Libraries\Indigo\
After seeing your attached image which has the plugin loaded from: \truespace761\ts\rsx\ directory;

I copied the plugin from my Indigo directory to: \truespace761\ts\ and uninstalled it and reinstalled and
guess what, Now it works.

Thanks, I just assumed the tsx plugin should go in the Indigo directory. :bananaguitar:
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

fahembree wrote:Yes, but I was loading the plugin from d:\truespace761\ts\RS Main Libraries\Indigo\
After seeing your attached image which has the plugin loaded from: \truespace761\ts\rsx\ directory;

I copied the plugin from my Indigo directory to: \truespace761\ts\ and uninstalled it and reinstalled and
guess what, Now it works.

Thanks, I just assumed the tsx plugin should go in the Indigo directory. :bananaguitar:
Well, that's weird. The location of the rsx file shouldn't matter at all...
Yep, just did a test and it doesn't matter where it is. Something strange must have happened the first time you installed it. In any case it's great that you got it working. :)
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

I hate to keep posting problems but I can add all of TS objects to a scene ok except the sphere. Does the Indigio exporter supports the sphere object. Attached below is an image shot of the error message I get if I add a sphere to the scene. Is seems strange to me as adding a torus to the scene is not a problem, just the sphere. If I delete the sphere the scene will render.
:?
Attachments
Sphere_Error.jpg
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

Here is my first Indigo image with some of Indigo's materials and it is basically some
TS primatives. The sphere was made using a square and adding 3 levels of sds.
Don't know why the TS sphere object gives and error, but this is an easy work
around.

I let Indigo run about 8 hours.
Attachments
C-Cubes-Brick01.jpg
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

fahembree wrote:I hate to keep posting problems but I can add all of TS objects to a scene ok except the sphere. Does the Indigio exporter supports the sphere object. Attached below is an image shot of the error message I get if I add a sphere to the scene. Is seems strange to me as adding a torus to the scene is not a problem, just the sphere. If I delete the sphere the scene will render.
:?
You're right. Same thing happens here because I guess the sphere doesn't have any vertex normals. It can be fixed by using one of the normals tools: autofacet, smooth or facet normals. I'll have to add that one to the notes.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

I think after a lot of expermenting I feel like I understand how to use this pluging and I am fairly pleased with the way Indigo works. I had one last item that I finally figured out and that was how to apply numerous different Indigo Bank matrerials in the same scene. I saw a post by Emma in the old forum and I got the jest of how to do it. Below is an Image with 3 IME materails (silver, Gold and glass) 15 minutes of processing;. And an image of the link editor .
Attachments
IME Bank-01.jpg
Silv-Gold-Glass.jpg
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

I've modeled and rendered this car in lightwavespace, realtime, yafaray, kerkythea, and vue, and so I had to add now Indigo now that I know how to use the plugin. The red body material was downloaded from Indigo and is called simple_ :) red_car_paint. The Indigo render run time was 2 hours. I think it needs to run about 8 hours to be about 99% comlete.
I think to get other car colors all I need to do is to edit the RGV values in the indigo igm material file.
Attachments
Indigo_car-05(Red).jpg
Indigo_car-06(Red).jpg
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

And one in blue color.
Attachments
Car-6-Blue-1080.jpg
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

And here is a yellow paint job with a little different background.
:)
Attachments
Indigo_Car-Yellow_23.jpg
fahembree
Chief Petty Officer

Post by fahembree »

And another different view of yellow paint job.
;)
Attachments
Indigo_car-Yellow-24.jpg