Abstract (1995)

Poikilos
Petty Officer Third Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Abstract (1995)

Post by Poikilos »

I think I made this in 1995 so it must be trueSpace 1. I made the texture (also used as a bump map) using Corel Photo-Paint 3.0.
Attachments
art-abstract.jpg
art-abstract.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Steinie
Captain

Re: Abstract (1995)

Post by Steinie »

Do you still use trueSpace? Why not update with the free version?
The first one was called Caligari btw
Poikilos
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Poikilos »

Steinie wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 18:23 Do you still use trueSpace? Why not update with the free version?
The first one was called Caligari btw
I'm posting my old work currently, as I've gone to Blender. I'm glad to see this forum offers support and a repackaged copies of trueSpace 7. I think some of these were made with trueSpace 1. Some people say it was a "secret" but I forget where I read that. I'm sure I had a demo of trueSpace 1, and must have had the full version since trueSpace 2 didn't come out until later. More about the demo is on my post about the Real3D demo scene also in Poikilos' Place. Comment there if there is any more info. I suppose its possible I bought trueSpace 2 but I for sure used the trueSpace 1 demo. I signed up for their mailing list so maybe that's how I got trueSpace 1 if I did. It was on Windows 3.11 with 8MB RAM and the Caligari tech support was amazed we had it running at all (we called about the old "GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT" here and there--we were still able to do quite a bit, but in retrospect, I suspect some of the old "GPFs" could have been from being out of RAM). I tweaked AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS more and more over the course of months with the help of free Micron tech support on my first computer which was a Micron. We were excited that they upgraded the model's hard drive from something like 200MB to 500MB (yes MB!) which we discovered on the packing slip after we purchased it in 1995 (purposely opting out of Windows '95). Any further info about trueSpace 1 & 2 is appreciated.
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

download/file.php?id=16282
That's not abstract, it's a landscape.
I suppose you could call it an abstraction of a landscape
but it's not really much of an abstraction...
borgcone
Chief Petty Officer

Post by borgcone »

Poikilos wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 07:29 Any further info about trueSpace 1 & 2 is appreciated.
The rendered image reminds me those days and trueClips CD included with tS2.
(A larger image and description - archive.org)
trueclips_cd_1a.png
trueclips_cd_1a.png (54.38 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
borgcone ... or 3DfromNULL at https://biglode.com/ptsxpy