Ts7.1 Beta 8 Animation

lrdsatyr8
Petty Officer First Class
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Ts7.1 Beta 8 Animation

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Has anyone done any physical simulation using the animation features of Ts7? I've been trying to create some gears and test out gear ratios. Want to make one gear turn and the other react to it, but can't figure out how to get it going. Any help would be nice.
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Re: Ts7.1 Beta 8 Animation

Post by FHembree »

Didn't create this file and I don't think this is what you are looking for, but it is a gear file, and its interesting.
It doesn't check gear ratios, those had to be calculated before drawing the 3d file.
Turn on timer event to see gears turn.
Attachments
GEAR_E.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

FHembree wrote:Didn't create this file and I don't think this is what you are looking for, but it is a gear file, and its interesting.
It doesn't check gear ratios, those had to be calculated before drawing the 3d file.
Turn on timer event to see gears turn.
Maybe it's me... I really haven't done much of anything but maybe look around the Workside... most of the work I have done is in the Modelside. I remember being able to do animation in the model side going as far back as version 2, but with the new addition of the the physical simulations in Ts7 I was hoping someone had some insight in how to use and play around in it.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Well create two fixed pivot points on both your objects, assign a physics material to both, then assign a constant rotational force to one of the cogs. Watch them spin when you hit "Run Simulation"! button. Then you can even tug around, stop the simulation, etc, in realtime. Later you can bake the animation if you'd like. You could also animate the rotation of one, and assign the two pins to the other obejct and watch it also spin. make sure your colission fidelity is very high.
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Well... I've tried but it seems not to work. If the object is a simple object (like a single cylinder) I can get it to spin. But if I add anything to it (either glued or unioned) whether I run the simulation before or after, the motion is always ruined. The simple spin on the z axis become erratic and the whole object begins moving all over the place. Any ideas?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I vaguely remember a plug-in that animated machines, tank treads, wheels, gears, etc. Vctek.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

I have if anyone needs it. Leroy.
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

BNG wrote:I have if anyone needs it. Leroy.
I'd like to try it out! Am getting quite frustrated over this.
lrdsatyr8

Post by lrdsatyr8 »

Ok... do this... Create a cylinder and apply the rotation to it. Now... attach a box to that cylinder and run the simulation again. It throws the intial motion completely out of whack and it doesn't just sit there and rotate anymore... now it flys all over the place wildly.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Hmmm yeah. I see what's going on.

My next idea is to actually build the pivot and socket for the simulation. Put collisions to Vertice type and try that.