Playin' around...

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Playin' around...

Post by Draise »

I use the grease pencil for animatics.

The best way to stetch it out is using propotional selection in the Dopesheet for the greasepencil. Or selecting all your keyframes with the CTRL+A to select all, or B to box select and just using S to scale it (from the current time).
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Thanks Draise. The thing is, to render at 24 fps with the Grease pencil I would have to basically create key frames every frame to get a smooth effect. I'm trying to see how to cheat (become more efficient) while getting a desired effect. For example, the animation I will show is keyed every 4 frames basically. The thought was to render and then just stretch the footage (a few minutes effort as opposed to keying every frame) but can't figure out how to do it in Blender or the other simple vid editor I have.

This G pencil is cool. Its like animating old style, drawing with colored pencils, frame by frame/cell by cell.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Hmm... VirtualDub with AviSynth scripts really has some awesome slowmotion interpolators. You could try that to interpolate your frames, or make new ones to stretch out your animation.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Might just go with Magix I think. Cheap and useful for now but thanks for the heads up. Will see if it has what I need with the trial version.
So here it is (should have rendered it small for better viewing). Just keyed the clouds every frame to get smoothness, and used opacity variance to see what effect I can create.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VoDMOiRnrw[/youtube]
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Here's what I been working on lately. Just practicing People.
This was an iteration, and the next one is the latest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFdLyAbm ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNqclZPU ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Been having a laugh cuz the more I work on it for hours thinking its improving, the worse it seems to get.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

They are getting great! :D

I recommend more spine curveture when she walks, shoulders, hip wiggle, etc. Add slight lean, you can't walk upright physically without some kind of shift in the center of gravity. But it's great. His expression is hilarious..

Hehe.. sometimes starting over is the way to go.

But also a structured way to tackle what you want to do will greatly improve the efficiency! If you block out your poses, and then time them, then work on "tweening" curves and keyframes - then you will get a better finished animation - because you started on the "right foot". I have to do that if I want to make good animations quickly without making a bad one by overworking it with not so good planning.

As most pro animators say, animation is 50% research and planning.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Hey Draise. Sorry for the delay in reply. Just got back on the net.
Yeah, getting rid of keys and starting over sometimes is best. Did it a bunch of times with her walk. 'On paper' the model walk seems quite straight forward. But those dang nuances :)
I know what you mean about curvature. The guy has an extra control for the waist. The girl don't. Lesson learned.
As for 'planning', keepin' it loose, man. Very on the fly if ya know what I mean... man.
Anyway, on with the show
(hmm, refine and finish the actions so far or, trudge on with the whole skit?)
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

This is what I was working on Nov 1st so I'll just continue here for the challenge, to keep the clutter down.
So, I was working specifically on the girl's walk in the beginning of the clip. Will share something soon.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Looking forward to it Dragoneye!
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Thanks Draise.
Did a lil work since the 1st, but I don't see much improvement since then so I'll post it now.

https://youtu.be/_o8MsBjgAkU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/_o8MsBjgAkU[/youtube]