[Blog] Trinumedia

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: [Blog] Trinumedia

Post by Draise »

MikomDude wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 23:32 It's a really cool project! It happens really quickly that you advance in the early stages of learning game development. I myself never thought I'd be able to learn any kind of program development but after a while, when you learn more, creativity will really push you to go further! Just don't let feature creep slow down your progress at it's very easy to pile up too much work and features when you realize you can do so much more than you previously imagined.
I know how you feel, but adding the deadline and very clear client parameters has kept me in check. I can't wait to finish this. Will be a good showcase. I have 10 more days or so.

So.. here is an update!

[Blog] May not look like much..
But it is much. It's a working prototype for dragging actors to a hotspot to delete or spawn, health tracking and event triggers. I really had to hit the ground of this project running, learning all the 101's of UE in record time. #ue4 #gamedev
Attachments
UE4Editor_2019-09-04_15-48-58wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Lego Bits
I have been spending time working with Fernando Gonzalez to make bits for an educational game - and in making a modular game mechanic so I can churn out 3 levels really quickly. I have the hardware, 48 hours to finish.. and.. lot's of coffee. Let's do this. #ue4
Attachments
bforartists_2019-09-09_15-20-42wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Concept to 3D
I have some tweaking on a game I made, but the process is done. We made concepts to 3D to game art - mostly sprites in a 3D world. It turned out great. Fernando Gonzales made this one as part of the team, nice one! Allon Kremer did the concept. #concept3d
Attachments
Tractor_modelo(1)wm.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Terrain Party
To get quick scenery of choice for the app, I went to terrain.party and downloaded the terrain of choice. I then chopped it up with booleans and painted it with a modified satellite views. Quick terrain in no time!
Attachments
bforartists_2019-09-13_11-03-29wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Not What it Seems

I made a small game run on.. something small, but putting in as much detail I wanted onto cards. I then optimized the game by just... dropping quality over all and upping textures. Viola, nice FPS with lots of detail. #bforartists #unrealengine #b3d
Attachments
UE4Editor_2019-09-18_15-25-33wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Dense Black Foam
All this #nodevember wave has me inspired, so I made some dense black foam for a personal project of mine. Procedural things are fun, time consuming - and requires some thought - but it's nice to have it tunable to be artistic.
Attachments
bforartists_2019-11-21_20-54-03-wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Everytime

... I open up this little guy.. I want to finish him. There are things to smooth out, to work on, to rig, to animate... but he's waiting... waiting patiently.. =(

#needssomelove
bforartists_2019-12-13_09-18-01-wm.jpg
AND

Big news. I have started to migrate and move work to Patreon. I have a small following, but a lot of ambitions and projects that will be useful to the artistic and cg community. I just need to organize myself, make these projects public, and get out there. So my first steps is by working on my website and financial model. More soon!
chrome_2019-12-11_19-01-19.jpg
Patreon Post
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Don't you have a small CG studio business? Is the Patreon thing an extra activity? I hope both work well for you.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

It's pretty much me and whom I hire. I have my "studio" with a couple of computers, but I wouldn't call it a registered company paying taxes - so to get income I have to be an individual till I really am a real company to be called a studio publically.

Also... I am trying to diversify my income. Providing services is unrealiable and difficult, and it's not a passive income, so I need to branch out a little and also.. do more what I dream. I am not a huge fan of working for clients with projects that will never really be my own, though the work is enjoyable.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Work often isn't anything we like or want to do but it can be. You have the talent and motivation to do that. Essentially, you'll produce CG resources and your patrons will have access to them?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker