[Blog] Trinumedia

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: [Blog] Trinumedia

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Solar LED project finished!

I was working on digitizing a product for a client, and made a video. It turned out quite well, now happy. You can check out a bit more on my artstation:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nQLVa1
Attachments
Publicity_01.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Clouds
I just discovered yesterday how to do volumetrics in Eevee with #bforartists, and well.. it's cool fun. I also found out a way how to get rid of the card shadow noise with a rendering workaround. I think... I will do a quick personal project now - maybe for the competition! Huehuehue.
Attachments
bforartists_2019-07-24_11-24-06.jpg
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

That cloud looks pretty convincing! also a bit like a very fuzzy map of the world...

Still have to try out Eevee myself. Haven't downloaded 2.8 yet. Should make that something I look into in the future, although I'll be in Dublin over the weekend so not sure when I'll have time.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

MikomDude wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 23:47 That cloud looks pretty convincing! also a bit like a very fuzzy map of the world...

Still have to try out Eevee myself. Haven't downloaded 2.8 yet. Should make that something I look into in the future, although I'll be in Dublin over the weekend so not sure when I'll have time.
I like volumetrics with eevee. I plan to make.. something with this today. When you come back, Bforartists has merged in 2.8, so it's a bit more... iconized like trueSpace - so it's less jarring to learn. I highly recommend it. It has all the same features. In about a week there will be a new version with all the latest of Blender 2.8 official.

bforartists_2019-07-30_09-18-59wm.png
Meanwhile, I have been experimenting with Volumetrics. Learning how to layer them and max out samples for smooth artifact free renders.
Attachments
bforartists_2019-07-26_10-34-57.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Development] Task #927 Done

Bforartists: Video Sequencer - Move view properties from Header to View Tab - closed

https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/927

Just.. little things I do in sooome spare time. It's fun. Bforartists2 - Alpha 0.6.0 will be online soon.
Attachments
bforartists_2019-07-31_09-41-30-wm.png
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Reffing
Or.. referencing, it's a process I go through to feed the mind, the art, and other artists who may work with me. I use Duckduckgo and a firefox addon Search Preview. I get results with thumbnails and the results are somewhat purer - we don't use anything, just ref!
Attachments
PureRef_2019-08-23_12-02-04-wm.jpg
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

[Blog] Conceptualizing

I just got off a meeting with the client, going over the processs for this week while working on the game mechanics. All good! I've worked with Allon Kremer to conceptualize. We have been working on style guides to fast-track ideas. Later we'll make them.

To make efficient concept art, you gotta think of speed and not about quality, so that revisions won't be painful, and so words practically get made into an images. Then make art design sheets and color palette, later helps with concepts per prop/set.
PureRef_2019-08-28_08-25-21-wm.png

[Blog] Art Style?

When a project begins, more often than not, the client won't know what he wants. So.. I try listen and connect and pitch styles.. without a large investment, getting a bank of ideas. Eventually an idea begins once I get the right artist to capture the idea.
PureRef_2019-08-23_12-05-26-w,.jpg
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

"...while working on the game mechanics..."
Are you working on a game?
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

yehp! An app for an exhibit I have to deliver in the next two weeks.. gulp...I'm doing it in Unreal Engine, so.. concepts are picked up quickly, though it's a little terrifying that I have a deadline to do it all.

Here is another blog post on the topic:

[Blog] Spagetti Madness
I started delving into #UE4, getting core concepts with #Blueprints. It has been enlightening. I quickly picked up concepts I would only dream of programming in code within a few hours. It is still a bit chaotic, but now I'm functional. #gamedev #indie
Attachments
firefox_2019-08-27_16-37-48-wm.jpg
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

It's a really cool project! It happens really quickly that you advance in the early stages of learning game development. I myself never thought I'd be able to learn any kind of program development but after a while, when you learn more, creativity will really push you to go further! Just don't let feature creep slow down your progress at it's very easy to pile up too much work and features when you realize you can do so much more than you previously imagined.