SenFlores - Showcase

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

SenFlores - Showcase

Post by Draise »

Hi peeps,

Here is a small update on the television series I'm working on.

We applied to a government competition for support and grants in the Ministry of Education and Media. We lost, be were honorable mentions. It was a close competition, but due to corruption and not being in the "rosca" or click, we didn't have much of a fighting chance. But the judging system and foreign passport votes had us competing with the national products. So that was a great sign, also, one of the competitors were ousted due to corruption claims. Good news on that front.

Being in Colombia means you have little competition, but at the same time your competition is probably going to be corrupt and you will have to fight some legal battles or other strategic means to get a piece of the very good government grant cake.

But never fail, we would have been on a tight schedule and lost some publishing and educational rights to our product if we had one.

So now our producer has tentative talks with the largest oil investors (an actual company with cash) in the country who want to clean their conscious with environment friendly programs. That is our queue and things could shape up.

So I made the following poster to start making sales and to help our producer convince people.

What do you think? What do you think needs to be improved?

The back part of the brochure, or poster, is being designed by someone who can actually speak Spanish, or write it at least. :oops:

This thread is going to be my now final thread for this project and links to content, websites, videos and other things will be shown here.
Finis
Captain

Re: SenFlores - Showcase

Post by Finis »

Honorable mention isn't bad given the game was rigged ... or it means you all were not quite as corrupt as the winner :lol:.

My general rule is that if you want something to be better step one is get government out of it. You're probably better off in private enterprise and "losing" was a blessing in disguise. Think about expanding your market. There will be English and Spanish versions? That covers many countries for possible TV markets.

Oil is environmentally friendly but those companies do need to do things based on popular perceptions and for publicity. Sponsoring a TV show could be good publicity for any company that can afford it. Good place to look for funding.

I think the tree's eyes should be cartoon-ish similar to the girl's. The current eyes don't fit the style of the rest. Same for the bold texture on the tree. Otherwise it looks good to me.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

NEARLY DONE THE PILOT EPISODE! EXCITEMENT!

The oil company didn't really pay much attention as our producer doesn't really know what the product is and didn't sell it well enough.....

BUT THE PILOT EPISODE IS NEARLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A whole's year's work infront of these two monitors to get this done with only long weekends and a week off... I am so relieved. Now for the
2D parts and a few more shots.
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

I love your work man realy cool stuff
Hope we get to see the film when done.

ps. thats one hell of alot of wooing :lol:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Small little update.

The pilot episode is COMPLETE! I will secretly link it to you guys possibly... once the product is sold. The final audio edit plus folley is complete, the final fixes (damaged renders, lipsync, extra shots) are nearly done. I just have to fix a few shots here and there. I can say it took nearly a good year and a half for this 10 minute animation, and we did it with script errors! But now the second script of 13 is undergoing some strict rewrites and new structures. We learnt a lot on this project/pilot.

The pilot took nearly 160 different shots, 3 lead characters (rigged with lipsync), extra secondary character with simpler rigs, etc. Most scenes were up to 14 passes later done in composite, and... most of it was done only by me with a little help on 2D and compositing here and there.

But I did it. Now it will go to national television lobbyist and our executive producer is knocking on doors, and we are making quite an impression already. (even with our 5 in mid production script changes, and dead spots in the story structure)

Meanwhile, I've spent the past month doing a quick 1 minute animation with a lead character Bongo. We made it for youtube for promotional purposes, as we will go online and try my our online presence as large as we can during production for final release within the next 2 years. This week I will publish it and share the link here. Including more material to share and promote.

I think with this project I may have sold my soul.

Right now I'm doing another project for a Christmas Mall decoration thing for funding, as we have run out generally, living off office rent. But once the project gets funding for production, I will be living comfortably, hiring people, buy machines, using new render engines, working like mad, and probably sleeping at the office.

Till next time!
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Best of luck Draise selling this beautiful project! Fantastic work!!! :bananacheers:
froo
Captain

Post by froo »

Great work Draise! :bananathumb: Best of Luck!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Thanks guys. :D

The project is hitting a bit of a lull, no sale yet... so we are working on a number of side projects, one being the commercial center Christmas light proposal and visualization, and now we are making a high risk Halloween commercial series and possible stereoscopic short film for some other funding. It is a strange world when something is on a lull, but hopefully things will work out with some time.... now that the final final edit of the pilot is done (after perfecting things). We have been a bit slack, mainly because there is another project that needs to be reedited and will sell again, fund this current project. But with time, and hard work... and some hype to our potential buyers (thus the internet plan)

So the strategy is to keep making things on the side, and websites and online content, and moving a market, creating fans, and pushing things online, with images like the one below. Tell your kids! (even if it's in Spanish!) If we get a good thing going with an online presence, maybe it would be more credible to sell.

Meanwhile, scripts are slowly being written, and I'm learning more skills so that when I become the animation director, I will know how to manage the small team of people and students we will hire for production.

I'll keep you all posted.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Did this lastnight, he really wants to get popular, little critter. :roll: ;)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Here's my Bongo reflecting in a wet mannor how water is constant and always recycled, even to the point that maybe some water we drink has been through a Dinosaur.