Cellular Phone Smudge Art

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Cellular Phone Smudge Art

Post by Draise »

spacekdet wrote:It looks like Paris is melting.

Bro is fine now, this was years ago but he's lucky to have survived.

How is yours doing?

hehe, Paris melting. I guess thatMs about right!

My brother is doing great now, he was a bit sore after the prang, but now things really couldn't be that much better!

I haven't done too much more art as a girl took a little bit of my attention, but now that she's on holiday, I made these ones again on the phone.

Enjoy.

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

This is one Im actually really proud of! After seeing another lady friend of mine for coffee, I thought up this idea on the transport system, and started to do it but then quickly realised I didnt know how to draw mountains or clouds.. so when I arrived at work, I quickly sat down, listened to some hypnotic Louise Armstrong and watched a speed painting of mountains on youtube. Of course it was much better than me, but with the process burnt into my brain... I worked all day. Then in the evening late at night, my boss makes me some food out of a traditional courtesy and we chat. in the meanwhile I apply what I saw and began to paint what was in my mind, maybe not quite as epic, but fun nonetheless. The result of the such under 15 minutes on a cellphone!!!! then I fiddled with filters, but it didnt need toooo much... Enjoy.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Draise wrote:... watched a speed painting of mountains on youtube.
bross.jpg
I'm Bob Ross and I approve this message.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

:lol: :D

Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

This one I did going to see my lady, now it's my Android background. I like this one, was a cloud/translucency/swirl experiment.

This one was a fun one I did, it was on my phone, and I took a photo of some clouds I liked, took some colours, studied them, then remade this image, kinda overlayed some to get the tecnique, then I did my own forms.

This one I did yesterday, during my time in with my lady and a mutual friend. She was upset at me. My friend was trying to comfort her, and I tried to get to her. i was trying to have time to myself and do things, she had expectations. but since then things worked out. But before resolving our emotions, I did this in awkwardness.

This was done on my phone from memory, trying to apply some concepts of a speed painting tutorial I watched or read a few days ago. It was on my phone, and memory, but it's not bad.

This one was on the way to see my frustrated girlfriend. She is a bit more tight than me, I am a bit more of a late hippie sometimes. Hard to integrate someone into you life when one is used to being alone. So I made this one with not much form, but it's of a guy who is a bit depressed about the situation.. the shape looks like a.. sexual figure of a feminine sort, I guess this comes from the whole price one pays to have it.

This one I did a while back, just did some random figures, filters, colours, got this interesting result.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

New images!

I finished two just recently. I had a quiet spell.

Darkness

I did this one a while back, but thought to retouch it this morning. So I finished it. I did a splice of images in the back, and drew the boy. I then did the lighting today, threw in some SSS experiments, bloom and lighting modifications. I think I made his face silluete too dark, he gets lost with the background. Oh well. It was good to load up unfinished files and make it into something.

They tell me blue and orange is the way to start color grading Hollywood style.

Done on my Note 4 with Ravioli Paint 2 and Photo Editor.

Teared
Done with my Note 4 and Ravioli Paint 2, Photo Editor and Picsart a little. I used a technique of photo manipulation and photo brushes, then painted the lighting and the building (minus the windows, also a photo manipulation). I then did the lighting tweaks and colors and things.

I wanted to have an architectural thing in a scenery with some awesome clouds. I hope you like it.

Took me a while to finish, but I went to see some friends play some interesting instruments in a nice little Italian restaurant and was inspired to finish it. I would like to make this more daily, I think that would be a good little exercise to do.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Here is another I did a while back, posted to my tumblr and facebook, but not here.

Thought to share!

Destination: Termite
I 100% painted this on my phone, a Note 4. I did it in my transport stops, or waiting around for things in the city. I inicially made the rock, trying to practice making rocks. It wasn’t great, looked more like a termite mound. So I made a desert for it, using some matte painting techniques - then put in a ship. I had never done spaceship paintings before, so had no idea how to do it… so… here is my first attempt!

Apps:
Ravioli Paint 2
Photo Editor
Pixlr
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by seppgirty »

some really nice work there Draise.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I lost a lot of my cloud links to these images due to Minus.com closing down.

So... here is another with Tumblr as my host this time.
Happy Bus Stop
Playing around in Krita. I quite like this software, and though it is a bit more memory hungry than some software I know - it works like a charm.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Draise wrote: Teared
Done with my Note 4 and Ravioli Paint 2, Photo Editor and Picsart a little. I used a technique of photo manipulation and photo brushes, then painted the lighting and the building (minus the windows, also a photo manipulation). I then did the lighting tweaks and colors and things.

I wanted to have an architectural thing in a scenery with some awesome clouds. I hope you like it.

Took me a while to finish, but I went to see some friends play some interesting instruments in a nice little Italian restaurant and was inspired to finish it. I would like to make this more daily, I think that would be a good little exercise to do.
What is that, your dream house in Mordor? :shock: