Challenge - Inanimate Art COMMENTS

jamesmc
Captain

Challenge - Inanimate Art COMMENTS

Post by jamesmc »

Enter your comments here for this challenge.

Your imagination can run wild or with calm contemplation in this challenge.

Call up your inner "Andy Warhol", "Mad Magazine", Classical Stills", "Color or Black and White, "Abstract, Surreal, Mechanical, Realism, Steampunk, Jewelry", "Make up your own style, etc. etc.
inanimate art.png
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Challenge - Inanimate Art COMMENTS

Post by Finis »

Abstract Sculpture. Blender 2.8. Following a tutorial I used a particle system to create paths, changed the paths to curves, and gave the curves thickness. For this sculpture I applied a magnetic force field to the particles.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Finis wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 17:55 Abstract Sculpture. Blender 2.8. Following a tutorial I used a particle system to create paths, changed the paths to curves, and gave the curves thickness. For this sculpture I applied a magnetic force field to the particles.
I like it! Would put that in a business waiting area for people to ponder. I love art that provokes and stimulates thought.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks James!

Come on y'all. Make entries.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

sry, not really a theme for me this time.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

James, maybe a little more info. about the theme would encourage participation. I interpreted it to mean a still life or such. Like a parked car but not a moving car with motion blur or cartoon "zoom lines".

There's plenty of room there to do what you want. I'd think there would be many entries.
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Finis wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 03:25 James, maybe a little more info. about the theme would encourage participation. I interpreted it to mean a still life or such. Like a parked car but not a moving car with motion blur or cartoon "zoom lines".

There's plenty of room there to do what you want. I'd think there would be many entries.
Well yeah, art in any form except consecutively framed animation like video or animated GIF.

Mona Lisa on a skateboard with motion blur OR a high-speed bullet caught at the precise moment it breaks through glass or wood OR a photo finish of a slug race with cartoon blur lines or smudging OR an explosion caught in time OR the world fastest frog leaping over the final hurdle OR a cannon firing a shot.\

Heck, make it a video or a GIF, I won't be the final judge - that's up to the voters on the challenge.

So, anything you want to do.

OR a NEON blinking sign OR a Physics simulation OR spit and blood dripping down a wall OR a turning windmill OR an emoji dancing :superbanana: OR a pot boiling OR eyes rolling OR bowling pins being knocked down and scattered OR a video of a morph OR meteor blasting the buttocks of the planet Sponge Bob Square trousers OR a bird, fish or earthworm flying OR a mind exploding OR a car swimming the backstroke OR bouncing boobs OR an eraser erasing OR a page scrolling OR something bending or breaking or bending then breaking OR melting paper OR an angry bee, bird or moth OR dominoes falling OR eyes blinking OR the sound and fury of one hand clapping in a forest OR flatus powered race boat OR dancing skinny hippos OR a burger frying OR flag-waving OR scooters racing OR a scary clown sneering OR a cat howling like a hyena OR ....

Excuses or apathy can be entered but only in the vast, empty recesses of a cold, empty space - JUST ENTER
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Time is drawing near for the challenge.

Regardless there is too much apathy lingering for me to hang around and as of 31 August will be my last day at United3dArtists.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Quote:
Regardless there is too much apathy lingering for me to hang around and as of 31 August will be my last day at United3dArtists

There isnt James ! Have been working on something!
Dont know if I can make the deadline because I have been rendering for 2 days!
I always said its a big mistake to make United 3d artists a TS community!
If I want info I go to other sites..!
If I post something new here I feel I must find an excuse for what I'm doing!
Its not that I have to point people to new products etcs!
I'n not selling them!🙄
I found out yesterday that one can get Photoshop CS2 free legaly!
Its just a 300 MB download!
Not very different to the last versions!
I asked myself should I post that here!
Not wanting to bug people with it! No I dont want to sell something!
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

There is no apathy at all - just a lot of life between 3D hobbies and everything else. I still hang around - even if I have to develop a 3 level game application for an exhibit within the next 30 days, deliver a 1 minute motion graphic over a weekend (where I slept 5 hours in 48), create a brand and website for a Spirulina ecommerce site over the month (between all the projects), teach English classes among 3-6 students a week, with the addition of all the normal living, girlfriend time, social time with friends and family I can't just leave on a lurch, cooking, eating, sleeping time, software development when I can for Bforartists (which is not often), then manage all my own publicity, sales and quote clients as often as I can just to stay afloat... and I have to keep studying to up my skills additionally! .... I still have looming fixed costs and debt to cover everything! I wish I could be more creative and artistic and compete more often.. but I'm in a hustle mode, so.. I comment here and there, share what I can, and kiiinda try compete if I can.