U3DA Challenge Aug. 2018 – Idea Pool Challenge - Discussion

jamesmc
Captain

Re: U3DA Challenge Aug. 2018 – Idea Pool Challenge - Discussion

Post by jamesmc »

Finis wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 15:04 If Dragneye and JamesMC authorize it we can extend the contest for a week so Bitkar can do his entry. Of course everyone could use that time to do or continue working on entries too.

Bitkar, remember it has to be based on an idea or theme from the Idea Thread. I think there is one for "finish an unfinished project" but you can add an idea to the thread too.

What say you Dragneye and JamesMC? Extend by a week or poll on the 28th?
Makes no difference to me.
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

I'll start the poll shortly. Bitkar, you'll have time whenever and there's always a challenge to enter.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

sure there is... go ahead. No need to complicate things if you have at least two entries. Sometimes next time :)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Why why why!!!?

I have not voted yet and am in a quandary of inspiration.

I love Frazetta's work but if your going to use it in 3D then make it look like 3D. Please rotate just slightly so we feel like it is 3D. You would get my vote in a second. Fantastic 2D but is it 3D? (I know it is 3D only because I saw the modeling) but not in the finale.
Paper condoms...say no more! The whole scene reminds me of dripping clocks. Salvador Dali would be proud!

Technique inspired or delivered I ponder.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

WHoaaa! Whoa... like Whoa.

Ummm... thanks, I think, for the spirited interest at least
(ya made me laugh bud)
So, originally was doin' a video where the models fade in as overlay on the painting. (I liked the look of the fading in) Short on time so did a pic instead.
To be pure, didn't like the unfinished nature of what I was presenting; was still adding the parts and hardly sculpted them so i offered a end of clip pic.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Dragneye, you should keep working on that and finish it. A video is a good idea to show it is 3D. Your model looks good so far. As a project beyond the challenge and without time limits I'd suggest texturing the model normally rather than projecting the painting onto it.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker