U3DA CHALLENGE Dec 2017

Dragneye
Lieutenant

U3DA CHALLENGE Dec 2017

Post by Dragneye »

U3DA CHALLENGE Dec 2017

A CIRCLE
The main subject/item should be a circle shape. How you define that and what medium or software you use is up to you.

I have commented how as long as a person is creative inside, give them anything, even a simple circle as a starting point (as in this case) and they can create wonders. Being the end of the year and the holiday craziness for many, I kept it simple, and left it wide open.
Though there will be a vote at the end, I personally will enjoy the Variety of entries, each beautiful mind working in its world, and sharing it. The starting point... simply a circle.
Where your mind goes is exactly what we want to see for the last challenge. I've kept the contest short and sweet. It won't interfere with your plans and hopefully even those 'passing by' who read this thread will offer an entry of their own, closing out the challenges for the year on time, and making it a pretty and varied ending.

Post your finished entry picture in this thread.
All comments go to the 'Comments' thread.
A WIP thread is not required (only encouraged so maybe all can learn something new)

CHALLENGE START: December 8 2017
CHALLENGE END: December 19 2017
VOTING : December 20 - 23 2017

May you all have Wonderful Holidays and Cheer
As we close out this waning year.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: U3DA CHALLENGE Dec 2017

Post by Draise »

Are there any restricting rules? Like... stock items from the internet, procedural models, any of that? Can they be used?
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Nope, no restrictions or requirements other than posting a picture in this thread, and doing it on time.
That's why I didn't give any examples or guidance also. I want it to be a personal free exercise; what each person comes up with when someone says, "A circle. What do you see?"
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

It would be great to create something new (the point of a 'challenge') but you can enter it if you like.
The point remains the same.

Conversations in Comments thread please ;)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Hoop and Stick
HoopAndStick.jpg
Boy and clothes from or generated with Daz and stick and hoop modeled in Blender for this image. Plow modeled in Hexagon for a earlier project. Terrain and plants from various sources and generators used in earlier projects . Rendered in Daz with Iray.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by FHembree »

Here is my entry, not sure how well it fits the requirements.
Locomotive.
Modeled in TS workspace side, render yafaRay.
Locomotive-F01.jpg
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

can i add those? or one of them...

or
smile.jpg
smile.jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 4248 times
One is an old testrender and other one is even older. I admit i didnt do it for this competetion. :D (iam not too serious tho)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)