U3DA Challenge, Nov. 2016, Farming - Comments

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

U3DA Challenge, Nov. 2016, Farming - Comments

Post by Finis »

Discuss the farming challenge here.

Main thread is here.
Last edited by Finis on 02 Nov 2016, 04:02, edited 3 times in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Draise
Captain

Re: Challenge - Farming - Sept/Oct 2016 - Comments

Post by Draise »

I have an image in my mind to do... and I want to do it.. but I'm not sure how to begin concerning my time.. as I have many many deadlines going on! Trying to expand my business and delegate! But I still have to work haaaaard.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Challenge. Do it.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

About two weeks left. Main thread is here.
Last edited by Finis on 02 Nov 2016, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Get those entries ready. Not much time to work on it? Just do a pitchfork leaning on a barn wall or corn in a basket. It can be a whole farm or a quick simple picture.
Finis
Captain

Re: U3DA Challenge, Nov. 2016, Farming - Comments

Post by Finis »

The farming challenge has been restarted.

Main thread here.
Registration thread here.

There is a new procedure to enter the challenge. You must register to declare that you are a contestant in the challenge. The way that the challenge end date is determined is different too. That is an experiment to try to solve the issues discussed in the first farming challenge here.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I like the curious approach.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

You all do entries! Just post in the registration thread to say you are entering, make a picture/animation, post it in the man thread. Steinie ... characters! No time? Make it simple. Maybe a rusty old tool in the grass.
Draise wrote:I like the curious approach.
I like the traditional set deadline way. The other methods proposed are worth a try. The problem though is that no one is here after the malware problem. There just aren't enough people here to do challenges. Although U3DA isn't just for trueSpace most members were here for that but now have moved to other software and other forums.

I keep thinking of more problems with this registration method. Solutions for them just create more complex rules until it would be like a legal document. For example, if Draise enters his picture today then all the registrants would have entered so the poll should start! This is for fun. It should be easy.

Let's try registration for this challenge but I think the original way or some version of Rayman's or Stan's way will work better. Stan's seems foolproof but there's no theme and no prize of designing the next one. Rayman's could be good if we have the old fashioned deadline plus if there are less than the required number of entries then the challenge continues until there are enough.

The CSB makes the rules so we don't have to use the same rules each time.
pugman 1
Captain

Post by pugman 1 »

Im still here just dont post much have to get my head back into 3d .
i only use blender and zbrush but i dont post on there forums ,
The old forum was only ts now its stopped thats why the people go even though there is
a bit of hope there for ts
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Draise and Steinie are in. Anyone else want to join? Just post in the registration thread and presto you are a contestant!

If you want to do an entry don't work on it without registering. Registration ensures (within reason) that the challenge won't end without you. You can, and should, post your withdrawal if you later find that you won't be able to participate this time.

@Steinie You can enter now and then modify your entry like you are doing if you want to but the idea of the registration scheme is that the challenge waits for your entry. Given your plan I'll consider yours not really entered until you say it is finished. That is really the spirit of this method -- that the poll waits until everyone is finished. I just expected posting an entry to be the thing that indicated it was finished. ("Milk the challenge", hahaha!)

I think instead of the last registered contestant finishing triggering the poll I will start the poll a few days or a week after that. That gives time to be sure everyone is really finished, declare any second entries* (in the registration thread I guess), and maybe for new contestants to register.

* You can do more than one entry. How should that work in this registration/wait for everyone scheme? Maybe wip's are what should be registered? The poll would wait for all the wip's to be finished and entered?