Challenge-Farming-September/October 2016 - CLOSED

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Challenge - Farming - September/October 2016

Post by Finis »

The best system so far is really the original one IMO. Unfortunately with few active forum members there aren't enough who have time to make entries before the set deadlines and it limits big projects and people with little time.

@Stan That sounds like a simple and effective method. It sacrifices challenge traditions including winner makes the rules and winner sets the theme. While those can certainly be changed or removed they have benefits.

Since no one is interested in taking over the next challenge I'll extend this one with a restart to try out some new rules. The theme will be the same so continue or begin entries about farming. The rules will be adapted to the "declared entrants" method possibly a hybrid with some version of Rayman's idea. There will be a new rules thread for the restart plus a Register thread where contestants should declare that they are entering the challenge. Same comments thread.
Last edited by Finis on 28 Oct 2016, 19:03, edited 3 times in total.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Please extend this one! I want to make something with the theme.

@Stan, awesome idea. A quaterly competition is great, that would be like every season, 3 months? Some kinda of "deadline" that is half dead like a zombie is pleasant.

I'm not sure the themes should be removed though. They are fun in a way - and if it didn't have a theme they wouldn't really.. be much to competing private WIP's against each other, lol.
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

to be honest im happy with everything that takes away the stress...I have enough stress in business life with dedlines every day...and that includes the payment deadlines too! So everything is good for me if it makes it
good for all of us..... my ideas were just food for thought....!:)
A 3 months cycle would also be pretty well managable....
So..Im happy with whatever will in the end work out well!