U3DA Challenge - Feb. 2016 - Cruise - Comments

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: U3DA Challenge - Feb. 2016 - Cruise - Comments

Post by Finis »

Anyone need an extension of the deadline? FHembree and Draise are in. Steinie and Dragneye too.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

I'm good.
Hey, I was the first entry for once!
Psyche!
:lol:
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

There is no way I can get ready in time. Already I feel defeated after seeing three early works...(they are awesome!!!) :bananathumb:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Extending the deadline to midnight your location February 29. Speak up if you need more.
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Great! Nearly done!
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Ummmm....
I just realized today (Mar 7) that the rules stated the main character/object should be made fresh. Well, in my mind I focused on the idea as the 'main'. The picture in the background is mine from a trip to Europe, boat and chairs new, but the guy I had just finished (will be used in other anim projects in the pipeline) and thought would be a cool quick use/test for him. I apologize if it is deemed cheating.
Just sayin'... :(
Honesty is the best policy.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

No worries. It's all for fun. Hero object etc. wide open to interpretation. Really, you didn't even have to be on-theme, "or you can invent a preposterous story about how it is associated with a cruise" so who cares about rule details.

"the idea as the 'main'" So it is with all art. Creativity, imagination, ideas and emotions make art.

Here's an off topic story semi-related story. I was talking with a guy who works at the voting places for elections. I noted that I think enough fake illegal "votes" get through the safeguards ( :roll: ) that sometimes the wrong guy gets the office. He had complete faith in the system and thought very few got through. They don't even ID voters. In some locales there were many more votes than registered voters sometimes even more registered voters than residents. People who don't exist, illegal aliens, other non-citizens, felons, etc. register or vote with ease.

What does this have to do with Dragneye? Say they determine an official who has been in office for some time only won due to cheating. Dragneye is the honorable guy not wanting to win improperly. Deliberate cheating? No. Fun? Yes. Real voters picked you? Yes. No problem.

Now, what to put in a box?