Frog Tank

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Frog Tank

Post by MikomDude »

Just some random thing I built on my tS shared space (more info on that in a future post). Was conversating with a buddie and he said tank... so I built tank. He said it started looking like a frog, so I built Frog Tank.

Full Image
Draise
Captain

Re: Frog Tank

Post by Draise »

Nice! I saw your lowpoly version, it looks great.

How do you think you'd rig the tracks?
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Cool one. Doubt it'll fit in the garage though...
but I Could use it to Enlarge the garage.

:bananathumb:
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Looks awesome! I must have it as it would look great as an assault tank in Battlezone II; a video game I make models for in TS. I'd have convert it to XSI and add weapon hard points to the model for it to actually function as a game model in Combat Commander. Do you have any plans to release it? Thanks, Leroy. PS: Here's a BZII model I made quite a while back.
Attachments
Low poly tank for Battlezone II.
Low poly tank for Battlezone II.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

@Draise No I'm not rigging the treads, to much work for nothing. This was just a silly "3d doodle" project.

@BNG While it would be fun to see as an in-game model it would be too high-poly for it to actually function properly in a game engine. The tank treads alone are over 82000 faces. Large portions of it would have to be remodeled.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

MikomDude wrote:@Draise No I'm not rigging the treads, to much work for nothing. This was just a silly "3d doodle" project.

@BNG While it would be fun to see as an in-game model it would be too high-poly for it to actually function properly in a game engine. The tank treads alone are over 82000 faces. Large portions of it would have to be remodeled.
For sure I'd have change the track section to 2 single objects, i.e., tread and tractor objects using a 2d texture for the track pads. The road wheels would be probably be the same as well as the body parts. I may use your models images as a general guide to make my own frog type though if thats okay of course?
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

BNG wrote: For sure I'd have change the track section to 2 single objects, i.e., tread and tractor objects using a 2d texture for the track pads. The road wheels would be probably be the same as well as the body parts. I may use your models images as a general guide to make my own frog type though if thats okay of course?
Sure, go for it. Be sure to download the high res version of the picture.