Sword of Calouri

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Sword of Calouri

Post by MikomDude »

A low-poly sword I modeled with the intention to make it a Skyrim mod. I'm having some problems trying to get it to work in the game though. I better get onto YouTube again and see if I can find some better tutorials.

784 Faces - 512 x 512 texture
Last edited by MikomDude on 20 Aug 2015, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Sword of Calouri

Post by nigec »

I always had issues with TS in game engines, if it wasn't the scale it was uv issues :roll:

Maybe find some gamespace tuts, the rules usually apply and BNG has done quite a few tuts that might help, the issue is GS had more exporters that TS hasn't got, if I remember right there is a GS demo out there but no serial, very useful lol

the other option is Gmax

nice model btw
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Well this problem is related to my limited understanding of NifSkope, the program I use to port this into the Creation Kit.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

ah right

What always bugged me about game engines is they always seem to use 3D Studio Max as the development tool so everyone else is in a world of pain just to get the basics working, I'm itching to do a 2.5D game (rendered backgrounds, simple geometry as floor and blockers and 3D character) but usually hit a brick wall getting a rigged character to work, Wintermute can use TS characters but its a lot of work and very inconsistant.. one day I'll find a decent work flow or an engine that will play nice lol
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

nigec wrote:ah right

What always bugged me about game engines is they always seem to use 3D Studio Max as the development tool so everyone else is in a world of pain just to get the basics working, I'm itching to do a 2.5D game (rendered backgrounds, simple geometry as floor and blockers and 3D character) but usually hit a brick wall getting a rigged character to work, Wintermute can use TS characters but its a lot of work and very inconsistant.. one day I'll find a decent work flow or an engine that will play nice lol
Have you tried modding StarWars the Battle of Endor? link It works perfectly with tS models if you export them as .x format. It is also fairly easy to import tS models into the Cube 2 link engine using Misfit Model 3D.