Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe

MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe

Post by MikomDude »

Mikom Ya's
SPACE 3000
SPACE 3000 started out as a game I was developing a couple of years ago. It was a continuation of a mod for a game called Star Wars Battle Of Endor that I made, the mod was called The M40 X pro A.C.E Game and it was a simple space shooter where you flew in an M40 X pro A.C.E (Asteroid Class Explorer) and fought an alien race called the Kohlar. MY background story wasn't very well developed back then but I knew it was the beginning of something greater.
In 2010 me and a (very) small team of modelers and concept artists started working on the game SPACE 3102: Ace's Void, this was supposed to be the M40 x pro ACE game from a first person perspective, you played as the same character as in the mod. This project didn't get far due to growing arguments in the team, this was mainly my fault as the leader of the project.

The main idea I had for the game was to make a futuristic but realistic Earth where the player could travel wherever he was needed. Many unique and hard gameplay mechanics such as being able to take of from the ground and leave Earths atmosphere all in one go without loading screens was an essential idea for making the game have a special feel. Same with the maps and flight controls. Maps would be huge, several kilometers large (like in the ARMA games), and wouldn't require loading screens while traveling between different maps. The flight controls would be adjustable depending on the difficulty level you set but the hardest setting would have 100% flight-sim physics and capabilities. Graphics would also have to be the best, better than CryEngine 3. Back then we were developing it on Unreal Engine 3 but that will change if I ever pick it up again, possibly we'll even make a custom engine. Thos are just dreams for now however.

I have continued on making ships and concepts now and then these past few years, recently a little more than usual.

The story of the game/universe I now call SPACE 3000 is that of a pilot thrown into the chaos of war. His skill as a pilot is unmatched and with his ship, the M40-X ACE, he is invaluable as a fighter and coordinator of the resistance defending Earth.

But let's start at the beginning. There is war in the galaxy, three species: the Kohlar, the Humans and the Ractas are the known lifeforms who have all evolved at roughly the same pace, now who has claim on the galaxy is in dispute. The Kohlar have stayed out of the war completely after a less-than-good first contact with humans roughly 300 years ago. The Humans never claimed the galaxy for themselves but the Ractas however did. The Ractas are the most war-like of all species and instantly attacked the humans after they made first contact. The war is taking a lot of resources from Earth. Most battles are fought in space spacecraft get damaged or destroyed and this takes a lot of lives very quickly, pilots are a valuable resource and the ESAD has the most, that is how they became involved. Earths Military Force, the EMF, left over from the civil war is mainly ground troops and therefore the ESAD (The Earth Space Administration and Defense Force) has taken command of the war on the humans side.

SPACE 3000, the game starts out with you, the player character, called Phil Carman (you will be able to use your own name if this becomes a game) returning home to New London, Earth after a scientific mission in an asteroid belt somewhere. He is contacted in his house/apartment by a retired military general who calls himself general Tom (no last name yet :P ). You are informed by the general that the Kohlar are on their way to attack, seizing the opportunity to attack now that Earth is weakened in defense by the war with the Ractas. You and your copilot, Cailey, are summoned to fight in the counter attack in space. This will be the original battle from the mod, fighting the Kohlar invasion fleet over the Moon. After this however your ship and your ship alone is ordered to go after several groups of Kohlar that have made it past our primary defense. Now you re-enter the atmosphere and you enter the open-world mode of the game where you are the only air support of the resistance on Earth, all other fighters and able spacecraft are aiding in the counter attack holding of the Kohlar main force. Now you would have the choice of fighting on the ground alongside the EMF or attacking from the air. You as the player would have total freedom in choosing how you fight. You will be offered several missions and you can then choose which one fits your skills best and then do it, upon completing missions you will progress in the game until you have finally driven of the Kohlar from the planet and then all that remains is destroying the Kohlar fleet now in orbit around our planet.

The game would also have multiplayer where up to 32 players can fight each other on either side on relatively large maps with the same weapons and vehicles as in the main game.

I will be updating this page with stuff I make for SPACE 3000 and hopefully you now all have a better idea of what I'm talking about every time I post something from my SPACE 3000 universe.
MikomDude
Captain

Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe - Spacecraft

Post by MikomDude »

Here is a list of spacecraft defending Earth during the first Kohlar attack:

SHIPS OF THE HUMAN FLEET

Aloadae II: Sirius-class starship

Stella Polaris: M50 X P.C.E

Tartarus Nyx: M50 X P.C.E

King Pelias: M50 X P.C.E

Iphigenia: LHL-Com Communication ship

Lost Nostoi: S55-K "Flash" Transport ship

Dark Sinon: S55-K "Flash" Transport ship

Fighters (32)

The 4th M40 X pro A.C.E wing:

Captain Jim Karlan and Robin Altans

Phil Carman and Cailey Setana

Kaman Marak and Jeff Anderson

Fiara Leyte and Matheus Altans.

Other wings (4 ships in each wing):

5th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

7th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

8th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

9th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

12th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

13th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

14th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

16th M40 X pro A.C.E wing

Other Ships:

SPACE 3000 Ship Comparison Chart

ESAD Sentinel Prime - 4360.5 m (that's 4.3km) (old render - tS - 2010)

The ESAD Aloadae II and Neptunae (old render - tS - 2010)

ESAD Space Dock (old render - tS - 2010)

M40-X Asteroid Class Explorer(s)

M50-X Planet Class Explorer (P.C.E) (really old render - tS - 2009/2010)

ESAD L-60 A-1 Fighter Submarine, Air and Space-craft

Bokai-class transport ship the "Argae"

Rimfrost-Class Kohlar Baseship (really old render - tS - 2009/2010)
Last edited by MikomDude on 20 Aug 2015, 23:41, edited 2 times in total.
MikomDude
Captain

Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe - Weapons

Post by MikomDude »

Here are some of the weapons in SPACE 3000.

Sidearms:
06-1 Standard Gun
Kohlar Gun
Civilian sidearms (can be found in public places in-game)

Rifles:
EMF S-01 (EMF only)
Kohlar Rifle
Kohlar Heavy Rifle
TM-10 Assault Rifle
TM-70 Rifle

Sniper Rifles:
40M-01 Sniper Rifle (soldiers only)
80M-02 Sniper Rifle (marines only)
Heavy Compound Bow (can be found in public places in-game)
Hunting rifles (can be found in public places in-game)

Other:
06-GG Rocket launcher
Kohlar Heavy energy cannon (Kohlar equivalent of the rocket launcher)

Concepts:
Weapon Design Concepts

Models:
40M-01 Sniper Rifle + 80M-01 Sniper Rifle

Total Mark 10 - Assault Rifle

TM-70
MikomDude
Captain

Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe - Planets and Colonies

Post by MikomDude »

The intergalactic planets: Terra (Earth), Alexandria and Theogonia.
Including, Colonies 14, 24, 31 and 33. (Dated Year 3100)

Earth, also known as Terra (the Milky Way)
Population: 6.91 Billion
Planet-class: H01
Radius: 6,371 km
Satellites: 1 (the Moon)
Atmosphere: Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon
Fact: 72.3 % of the surface is covered by water.

Alexandria (the Ephialtes-System)
Population: 4.17 Billion
Planet-class: H01-2
Radius: 7,922 km
Satellites: 3 (Gaia, Fenu and Hinu)
Fact: 69 % of the surface is covered by deserts and wastelands.

Theogonia (the Hormes-System)
Population: 3.93 Billion
Planet-class: H01
Radius: 10,893 km
Satellites: 0
Fact: Theogonia is covered by 90 % forests and jungles around the equator. Only 40 % of the surface is water, other water deposits are stored in frozen form around the north and south poles.

Colonies:

C.14 (the G1-System)
Population: 34 scientists, 203 civilians and 4 Standard ESAD pilots.
Planet-class: H03-4
Radius: 7.934 km
Atmosphere: Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon Monoxide

C.24 (the MI-System)
Population: 30 scientists, 199 civilians and 3 Standard ESAD pilots.
Planet-class: H02
Radius: 2.054 km

C.31 (the OT-System)
Population: 20 scientists, 170 civilians and 3 Standard ESAD pilots.
Planet-class: H02
Radius: 7,850 km
Satellites: 1 (an asteroid called "Garr")

C.33 (the OT-System)
Population: 63 scientists and 8 ESAD pilots.
Planet-class H09-10
Radius: 4.392 km
Atmosphere: Argon, Carbon Monoxide
Fact: Used to be an asteroid about 35000 years ago.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe

Post by BNG »

Modding for video games is real cool. I've tried my hand at it with Battlezone II Combat Commander. It's a ton of work though and one has be proficient in quite a few different areas. Keep us all informed with the project though....
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Yeah modding is fun though the game I was modding was very limited. It was a really fun game but since Star Wars Battle of Endor was only a simple spaceshooter it would have been impossible to create everything I wanted for SPACE 3000 with that game.

Right now I'm continuing to make some weapons concepts and models of those, as well as spaceships (gotta have more spaceships). If I at some point become a little more skilled in both 2D and 3D I might also start doing some character designs.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

EMF S-01 Assault Rifle

Based on the concept above.
MikomDude
Captain

Mikom Ya's SPACE 3000 Universe - ESAD Gallios-Class Carrier

Post by MikomDude »

This is the ESAD Gallios-Class Carrier "Eos Erigeneia".

It is the ESAD standard fighter carrier that I thought I needed to design for some time. I made a couple of concepts but this seemed the best.

This carries the standard L-60 A-01 Fighter air and space-craft as well as some other small spacecraft, like the M40-X. There is no fancy deployment like in Battlestar Galactica, they just exit trough the hangar-bay airlocks on each side. Each hangar bay can contain up to 8 fighters on both sides. That is a total of 288 fighters always ready for instant deployment.

Last edited by MikomDude on 20 Aug 2015, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Did some redesigning, which one is better this one or the original?
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Lots and lots of cool concepts and design. Thanks for sharing!
Walk by faith, not by sight.