Re: Lightcycle, Legacy style

Post by MikomDude »

Cool guys, I'll have a look :)
MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Lightcycler in Kerkythea

Post by MikomDude »

Ok, now I made a test render in Kerkythea. I'm not sure about all the settings yet so it probably isn't the best but please, tell me what you think. :bananacool2:
Attachments
lightcycle.jpg
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Lightcycler in Kerkythea

Post by RAYMAN »

MikomDude wrote:Ok, now I made a test render in Kerkythea. I'm not sure about all the settings yet so it probably isn't the best but please, tell me what you think. :bananacool2:
Your render lacks a bit of depth.. you need something that you can see both the shape on and the background.
I made a lightcycle and a back ground to show what I mean about it.. it was a quicky this time with a few curves inside moi 3d...
Attachments
lightcycle final.jpg
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Ah, I see what you mean, I'll give it another try. Btw, how did you get the glowing effect for the grid? and is it a full model or a texture?
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I will tell you how I did it ! I modeled the bike with a few curves inside moi3d and also textured it there I gave the lighted material a seperate material
I made a cube in Sketchup and made a Square in Photoshop that is white and made another square in that square that is black.
I added this texture to Sketchup face so that it was tiled and exported to Thea. same works with kerkythea.
I loaded the black and white texture into the clipping chanel and loaded red into the illuminated chanel. The same i did with the bike I loaded it into the
Thea render engine and added an illumintion texture..... i added metallic painting to the bike and chrome to the wheels.
when the render was finished with some depth of field I loaded it into Photoshop and selected the colors .. both the red for the grid and green for the wheels
and added it again to a layer on top . I then applied gaushian blur to that layer. i also made another copy of the lights from the bike to another layer on top of that and copied it 8 times on top of each other the layers were blurred with motion blur inside Photoshop... that way the lighttrail became brighter and brighter.. I deleted what was in front of the bike and left what was behind the bike.....
I then reduced the whole thing to a single layer.. thats all.. !
Peter
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

So what you're saying is, you rendered it in different layers and later edited those layers in and image manipulation program? Ok, I think I understand, wouldn't quite know how to do it myself though. :P
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

MikomDude wrote:So what you're saying is, you rendered it in different layers and later edited those layers in and image manipulation program? Ok, I think I understand, wouldn't quite know how to do it myself though. :P
No I rendered it in one picture and added the glow and the trail inside Photoshop... the glow is a blurred copy of the grid and a blurred copy of the light of the bike and the trail is a motion blurred copy of the lights.... ;)
Peter
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Aw, my mistake. So you just added the effect later in photoshop? That's a lot easier than the first thing I thought it was :lol:
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

you might like to see these links here some realyoutube files from the guy who makes them and a lightcycle in action
http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 604#p23604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Cool, so he is the guy that made the lightcycles. I should ask him for some advice :)