Ka-17 "Flying Tank"

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Ka-17 "Flying Tank"

Post by marcel »

your last render reminds me the movie Captain Sky (vintage effects).
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Ah, you mean Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow? Because that's kind of the style I'm going for. :) :bananacool2:
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Yes sky captain! i like this atmosphere of science fiction of the 50s. also flash gordon from 30s. I have a nice original collection of comics from this period. digital processing can recreate this creative world. not need blood and manic editing. just beautiful pictures. action is often violent, but always with a touch of poetry. that is the style of 50s. I think it is because of the end of World War.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

The world wars were really a certain turning point for the western world, I only wish that we should have learned more, at least the Americans. Or maybe it's because the Americans put an end to the war that they got this delusion thinking that they can go around doing whatever they like.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

MikomDude wrote:The world wars were really a certain turning point for the western world, I only wish that we should have learned more, at least the Americans. Or maybe it's because the Americans put an end to the war that they got this delusion thinking that they can go around doing whatever they like.
Just for the record I am an American and I find your remark very offensive.
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I didn't mean the American people but more the American government, the leaders. Since they start wars all over the world (maybe I'm exaggerating) when they could just seek a peaceful solution. For example the war in the middle east, there isn't enough oil to go around for everyone, true, but then put more money into looking for alternative energy sources instead of marching over there and pretending they're there to help.
It's all a balance of power and people like you and me haven't got anything to say about it. I don't blame you for living in America, it's just that your government have got the wrong idea about how to run a country. :(

Also, I already see this going way further than it needs to so I suggest either moving it to "Off Topic" or ending it right here and now ;)
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

difficult and complex topic that would be better not to develop here. Unless you are expert and objective. with my limited knowledge I do not venture to approach a discussion that can hurt people.
it is best to continue this interresting work of modeling.
and peace for all :bananacheers:
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Very wise thing to say Marcel.

I also like to ad that I didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just that it's so pointless with all of these wars and it's not wishful thinking to say that there should be no wars.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

"ending it right here and now" People with those kind of opinions are usually in favor of ending discussion/debate before other views are voiced.

Over and over again I see one side, that side, voiced/written everywhere, regardless of appropriateness, and then the other does not reply due to politeness, or respect for the venue being inappropriate, or even outright censorship, etc. So one view goes all over the web (etc.) starting fights and then it is all the other side's fault if they meet that challenge. It reminds me of that quote about evil succeeding because good men did nothing.

Maybe the side that nearly always starts this should start it in and off topic thread instead of just anywhere.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

I don't think you quite got the point, I meant end this discussion because 1. it doesn't belong here and 2. because it makes people go at each other for no reason at all. I can already see that you're starting it by calling a reply to this thread but it might be best not to continue at all.
And yes, I know that I probably shouldn't have responded to this but I feel it more important to say that it's better to be friends than have an interesting discussion. ;)