MikomDude
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: SR-100 Bluebird

Post by MikomDude »

@Nigec
Cool! :) If I ever won the lottery I would probably build this one:
My L-50 Fighter (Blue off course) ;)

Actually, I used to call this one Bluebird until I built the SR-100.
Last edited by MikomDude on 18 Jan 2011, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
nigec
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by nigec »

very cool model :)

I have built a scale rocket boat but its only 25cm long, and runs on candy rocket fuel (KNO3/Sucrose), I haen't been brave enough to try a rocket motor and the boat together yet, I'm waiting on getting an alloy motor case made, some of the test motors casing failed which wouldn't be good in a balsa wood boat lol
If it works then plan is to go bigger, I'd like to use a pulse jet but they are pretty much banned on water in the uk
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Impressive, you seem to have some big plans. If you are using rocket engines, have you made any calculations on how fast it would go? :)
nigec

Post by nigec »

the boat's weight is about 0.1kg, with a motor installed it'll probably be 0.5kg, so it doesn't need a great deal of thrust to get it moving,, a lot depends on whether it'll get up on the plane to how efficent its going to be, the best I've achieved power wise was about 1kg of thrust for 5 seconds
There's a lot better fuels to use, it just looks very dodgey buying them.

If your interested here's the boat I build, mines a bit smaller and adapted to use home made motors rather than the very expensive Jetex ones., if it works I want to buy a hydro kit and have rc control, mine you just light the fuse and hope you can get it back lol
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

nigec wrote:If your interested here's the boat I build, mines a bit smaller and adapted to use home made motors rather than the very expensive Jetex ones., if it works I want to buy a hydro kit and have rc control, mine you just light the fuse and hope you can get it back lol
Where? :) Should there be a link?
nigec

Post by nigec »

oops:
http://jetex.org/cja/pages-more/article ... t-mbb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;