Post by Finis »

UFOscene.jpg
UFOsSolidColor.jpg
https://www.splododyne.com/index.php/me ... and-rescue

Blender 3.0 Cycles

-- UFOs --
Purple tendrils using Extra Curves addon
Metaball blue blobs as a particles on the tendrils

The frame, the structure with the curved holes, is made using the Wireframe modifier then subdivided to level 4. With the two frames the scene has 2.4 million polygons. Without it has 373,000.

Hull damage with Boolean and a dented copy of the frame.

-- Rocks --
Cell fracture addon and physics
Note: The fractured pieces would always explode instead of fall into a pile. Nothing I found on the web worked. I made a box to put around the fragments to contain the explosion and drop them into a pile. I moved the fragments into position over the ground and in the box but the explosion did not happen. The fragments fell as I wanted. Not sure if the box or the movement fixed it.

Rock Generator script and physics
Be sure to set Display Detail to the same level as Detail Level or you won't see an accurate preview of the rocks. This crashed often. I made the rocks in a .blend of their own for reuse in CG projects and appended the collection to the X, I mean UFO, file.

-- Trees --
Particle system with Sapling generator tree

-- Ground --
A.N.T landscape addon

-- Beam --
The light beam is an area light disc shining through a sphere with principled volume shader under the UFO. A point light illuminates the light well on the bottom of the UFO.

-- Materials --
Only the ground texture is an image. Others are procedural.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Prodigy
Site Admin
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: UFO Search and Rescue

Post by Prodigy »

Very organic i like it! :bananathumb:
๑۩۞۩๑ prodigy ๑۩۞۩๑