"Intrigue"

frank
Senior Chief Petty Officer

"Intrigue"

Post by frank »

Here's a simple ("lazy"?) scene I rendered today. The character is one I've used in stuff before, but with slightly different shading. Used Simbiont's "Soft Leather" material, customized, and did some layered reflectance with maps for selective specularity for the fingerprint areas on top of that.

Post-processing in Photoshop + DOF Pro 4.

It was fun to play around with volumetrics and light arrays again. It's been a little while. :)
Last edited by frank on 09 Dec 2022, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: "Intrigue"

Post by Finis »

I like it.

No faults to find except by being really picky. The eyes look too shiny or glossy to me. Their irregular shapes imply that they are also clay.

Gotta love the Lightworks renderer in TS.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Love it Frank ... you have a great eye for character design.
frank

Post by frank »

Thanks, guys! I waver back and forth about doing my next short animated film as a "clay"mation style (in look), or just sticking with my jittery paper-cutout style. I'm thinking I'll go with the paper one, as clay is a tricky one to do in trueSpace.

I got Dribble going, and the displacement alone is a great feature there, along with GI... but it crashes when I try to render sequences of even 1280x720, let alone 1920x1080.

Anyhow, I oddly enjoy the limitations of Lightworks and having to resort to tricks, particularly with the lighting.
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

No films on YT or Vimeo for a while and website is empty. Are you ok Frank?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

FYI Frank is on facebook and posted on the 15th.
frank

Post by frank »

Hello there! Thanks for the comments (and for the private message letting me know there were comments). :D
I've been keeping busy with "regular" work these days. The last short film I made is one called "Aluminum". It's a quirky mockumentary film about an unusual southern guy with telekinetic abilities. I used some trueSpace/CG for parts of it, and practical/in-camera for the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFjglis-Z4

Other than that, I still WANT to do some type of animated film - it has been an idea for years - but it seems to elude me. :)