Imagine a world with a scientific mind.

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Imagine a world with a scientific mind.

Post by marcel »

(I hope the translation is not too bad. I did not want to be too technical because the translation would be incomprehensible).
It is a biogenic structure instead of a complex organism. The Blub (his temporary name) fed the richly polluted (for a human) atmosphere and stands on its rejection pile (kind of sulfur) in the manner of a stromatolite but without sediment (no water here). The structure die when it reaches an altitude devoid of nutrients and leaves no traces of living in fossils. A headache for astronauts archaeologists who study this planet with curious geological structures. It is alive or not? Or something indefinable.
while rising scarcity of nutrients causes the structure to volume decrease. Its release surface is reduced and the column becomes finer.
Thus the shape of the column provides information on the composition of the atmosphere in the past (rich or not).
there is no liquid on this planet. The Blub is partially transparent because of its crystal structure. It is not soft. Making it difficult to understand why he completely disappeared when the structure dies. It is the only mysterious point, I do not reveal.
The canyon is formed by the junction of two adjacent Blub which have merged. This structure has 1/3 of its final height. Is only a few centuries. The slow progress helps to solidify the column to support the weight of the futur structure. When a piece of the Blub falls (lack of nutrient), it rolls down the slope and then creates a new autonomous structure on a richer area.
Now, it remains to imagine how such structures will change the planet and act on other species, more or less organic. It will be for another time...
Attachments
Blub.jpg
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
pugman 1
Captain

Re: Imagine a world with a scientific mind.

Post by pugman 1 »

Your work is always amazing .Talent without a end.
marcel
Captain

Re: Imagine a world with a scientific mind.

Post by marcel »

Thank Pugman.

What's funny in all this, the truth is that I made this picture without thinking.
I then imagined how to explain this from a scientific point of view. As if the imagination was a sense that we do not suspect. Maybe, we does nothing by chance, even dream. It's a feeling because we can not explain how it happens.

the imaginary and the rational seem more independent with artist. :)
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr