Architecture for an indefinite period.

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Architecture for an indefinite period.

Post by marcel »

Here are two images of architecture. Modeled and rendered with trueSpace, except the backgrounds that are made with Bryce.
Attachments
Frise.jpg
Rempart.jpg
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
Finis
Captain

Re: Architecture for an indefinite period.

Post by Finis »

Perfection. Everything in each picture works together to create the complete image. Textures, colors, lighting, styles, shapes, everything. Amazing blending of Bryce and TS.

An indefinite period ... yes! I could see these being in ancient civilizations or a future one.

Caustics! Did you tell once how you fake caustics in TS? In the picture with a goblet with jewels I think.

At least one of the figures is from your image with three girls on cliff or such? The amulet looks familiar.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Thank Finis !

I think with trueSpace, Bryce and Sculptris, I found the right formula that suits me. Free, simple and above are tools that I mastered without having to relearn without stop at every update.
In recent years we have seen the emergence of fabulous programs that are doing good photorealism. It's great for professional projects that require real vision instead of a deformed vision from an artist.
They are often expensive and difficult to control. And above all they do not fit my style when I make illustrations. I do not make photographs.
I like controlling every detail as a painter and if the reality does not match what I want, I do not hesitate to make mistakes that suit me better.
For the simulation of caustics I use a projector with an image wherever I want. Again without worrying about reality. This is not to save time rendering or by limitation of the technique. It's an aesthetic choice.
From an artistic point of view, it is often a pity that more talented people than me, lose their styles because of the technique. I do not understand that one is fascinated by a photorealistic 3D image when a true photograph of the same would be commonplace. Luckily true artists keep their personal visions with in a photorealistic rendering. Not enough. A lot of things become perfect but without personality in 3d world.
Fascinated more by technology than by creation ? Not me.

(Sorry if it is not good, this is a translated text. :) )
Saul
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Post by Saul »

Hello Marcel
With ref: Frise.jpg
The relief figures seem to be wrong scale and sort of stuck on. They dont look proportional to the column. Maybe they could be doing a job of carrying, like the attached Caryatid.jpg, and why are they wearing knickers?
Ref: Rampart.jpg
Again the scale seems wrong between the balustrade and the sculptural figures. If you notice the public figurative sculpture around our town's and cities, the most successful are those at least 2 times life size.
HTH
Attachments
caryatid.jpg
caryatid.jpg (8.74 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
Cellulo
Lieutenant
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Post by Cellulo »

Superbes images Marcel.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The translation is fine.

Agreed about photo realism.

Marcel, sir, I would be honored if would analyze this image of mine http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... 529#p48529. What have I done right and what have I done wrong? How can I make this more artistic? Here I encountered the problem of "perfect but without personality". I used the photo realistic Iray renderer in Daz (for gpu speed and it is what I know now) which, at first, made it difficult to get an image between realistic and an old painted movie poster.

Saul could have a point about the size of the figures on the columns. I think the columns are great as they are but without the curved lines on the columns there would be a lot of empty space around the figures. In that case they would need to be larger or more numerous to fill the space ... unless the space worked with something else in that environment so the entire space (in the architectural sense) has a cohesive style. The curves are as much a part of the column design as the figures so it is good.

I like art where the viewers imagination is stimulated. Reexamining the columns I saw that the curves around the figure give an impression of wings. The figure is looking slightly upwards and there is a blank space above. It looks like the figure can fly and is considering launching into the sky.

I like how the texture of the columns could be metal. Aluminum maybe. That adds to the "indefinite period" effect.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
v3rd3
Lieutenant Commander

Post by v3rd3 »

Simply breathtaking Marcel....
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

@ Finis :

(Saul always make me think of a trol with analyzes without interests. What relationship with a caryatid? Mine are low relief. It is very flat as on the walls of ancient Egypt. Perhaps his vision is blurred because of panties who seem a problem for him each time i a do a woman. I would not go further in response to this childish analysis, especially in a language I do not master.)

Reality is not a goal for me. It is an inspiration.

Finis : You understand that the fineness of the decoration allows alleviate the massive columns. That's all there is to know. ;)
Just one detail: the women are not in 3D. It's just a bump mapping (no displacement) on a cylinder with a personal technique using a z render.
I would go see your image.

and thank you all for your comments.

Marcel
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Now, y'all play nice and get along.

Just to check how garbled text might get with auto-translators I used Bing translator to change my post above from English to French back to English. That turned "Marcel, Sir ..." into "Marcel, Mr. President ..." Ha ha ha! I thought François Hollande was the president of France!
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I dont realy think that render engines do matter that much realy...
Textures and how you make them or how you use them have
more impact on the final image...at least thats what I found out
the past few years....The difference between the different 3d renderers boils down to more..how many objects can I load into the scene and how fast does it render...
You can get from realistic to less realistic with almost every product...
The problem with Truespace is the limited amount of objects
that you can render without crashes...but if you work with compositing
then that is a workaround..and perfectly viable.....!
The culomns that you have in the scene should not get you into trouble
with the capabilities of the render engine.....!
All in all what works for you in the end is the right tool!
I like the pictures!