Ryoker - Apolar - Music Video [quoted]

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Ryoker - Apolar - Music Video [quoted]

Post by Draise »

Ryoker - Apolar

Atlast I finished it. There were a lot of mistakes made and lessons learned. Legalities and production wise I think some of the lessons were priceless.

So the whole project had a total of 1000 man hours invested. 700 of them were mine and 250 were of my illustrator Heyner who helped me me with the concept art, designs, and 2D assets - not to mention the 2D animation of the Lineart, and the rest was done by my brother Miguel and an old 3D student of mine Memo. The client Ryoker edited it. This was all done over a period of 4 months.

I hope to do a mini series of break down videos some time in the future.

Here are some random facts:
-there are 19,000 people in the crowd made of 840 color combinations based on 54 character combinations.
-the island is 7km in diameter and up to 750m in altitude
-the main character is 2 meters tall
-The Giants measure between 7.5 to 9 meters tall
-the render was done principally by GPU using Mach Studio Pro 2 (DirectX10) and OpenGL
-the Lineart and animatic was done with Blender: the grease pencil used in the VSE
-between the light stage and the factory, there were 150 volumetric lights or more used for GPU
-130 shots and 110,000 frames were produced with me than 500,000 frames rendered into passes
-average render time per frame: 12 seconds
-software used: Softimage, Blender, trueSpace, Krita, Fusión, Virtual Dub, Photoshop, Freestudio, Gimp
-sound effects done by my guy Juan Pablo
-Total size of the project: 150 gigs
-Preproduction duration was 2 months
-Size of the screenplay / shotscript was 35 pages
-Revisions of the script and shotscript was done 9 times but it still wasnt enough due to last minute revisions over production.
-this animation was originally planned to be done in 2D
-the terrain alone was over a million polygons.