Chicago Aquarium

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Chicago Aquarium

Post by Finis »

Not an entry in the challenge. This mostly has models that are come with TS. I just modeled the room.

DAZ Studio for the figure, his clothes, and the clothes texture. Sent that to Bryce with the built-in DAZ-to-Bryce transfer tool. Imported stock TS models for car, stove, etc. into Bryce and textured. Used haze and a cube with a volumetric material to render the underwater part in Bryce. Then I used the Bryce image as a back plate for the window in TS 7.6 model side. Room modeled in TS. Final image rendered in TS. Lots of concrete, metal, and grunge textures from cgtextures.com.

Bryce render uses true ambiance (GI).

I gave the underwater back plate a matte reflection with no diffuse and high luminosity so that its light is independent of the rest of the scene in TS. Another plane in front of the back plate has glass material. I applied some of the grunge using a second layer with transparency map on the material.

Lighting in TS scene is two spots with mapped shadows (size 1024, sharpness 2.2, quality 8) and the global environment light with no shadows to fill in some and fake GI. The Bryce scene is lit by the sky. No post processing on back plate or final image except my logo.

Critiques and suggestions welcome.
Attachments
ChicagoAquarium.jpg
BrooklynAquariumBGrndTA_hq.jpg
Last edited by Finis on 02 Jan 2014, 04:50, edited 2 times in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Re: Chicago Aquarium

Post by spacekdet »

Is that a Chevy Volt?
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

Na, it's the VW Golf that comes with TS. Changed to full render instead of preview from Bryce, gave the wall depth, and tweaked some textures.
Last edited by Finis on 02 Jan 2014, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
jamesmc
Captain

Post by jamesmc »

Visited the Chicago aquarium as a kid back in the 1950s. There were some mighty big fish in there. :bananadevil:
Walk by faith, not by sight.