Forest Mountain [Bryce]

darkmage
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Forest Mountain [Bryce]

Post by darkmage »

An experiment with Bryce (plus a tiny bit of PP in Gimp), to see If I could create a realistic looking, forest covered, mountain range.
I included the glider to make the render more interesting.

I admit that the trees don't bear looking at to close, and I forgot to add tail-wings to the glider :oops: , but I think it's not too bad.

As this is something I am testing, I would really like it if you could put your thoughts and some feedback as comments.

Thanks very much.
Forest Mountains PP.PNG

Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Forest Mountain [Bryce]

Post by Steinie »

I believe the foreground is too ghosted/hazed to give me the feeling of distance. Other then the glider nothing can be focused on.
If the foreground was clearer and the haze increased into the distance I believe the illusion would be much better.

darkmage

Post by darkmage »

Steinie wrote:I believe the foreground is to ghosted/hazed to give me the feeling of distance. Other then the glider nothing can be focused on.
If the foreground was clearer and the haze increased into the distance I believe the illusion would be much better.
Thanks, good idea.

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

It looks like it's raining, or cloudy, so the glider in plain sunlight looks a bit strange. Maybe some global IBL lighting would be great for the glider to aid in the composition, or a slightly more diffused shadow with a weaker sun and more atmospheric light.

But I like what you did with the atmosphere, the trees, hills, very nice. Love it. =)

darkmage

Post by darkmage »

Draise wrote:It looks like it's raining, or cloudy, so the glider in plain sunlight looks a bit strange. Maybe some global IBL lighting would be great for the glider to aid in the composition, or a slightly more diffused shadow with a weaker sun and more atmospheric light.

But I like what you did with the atmosphere, the trees, hills, very nice. Love it. =)

Thanks very much Draise.
The funny thing is, that I did use IBL lighting, so I'm not really sure why it came out like it did.

Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Steve »

Hey Darkmage

Good work on the glider, it looks like a K-6E...really does need the stabilizers though, needs them to fly unless you have a concorde shaped wing!

With the IBL light you have some options, one is to load a projection image onto the light. If you choose that option and load the background image you created in bryce, and make sure 'Show environment' is NOT activated, that may help

darkmage

Post by darkmage »

Thanks very much.
And your right about those stabilizes