Library Foyer

tahnoak
Master Chief Petty Officer

Library Foyer

Post by tahnoak »

Just something I have been monkeying around with in my spare time.

I know, I have too many things ongoing at once:
1) The Alley
2) The Railroad Crossing
3) Robot - MMC

When I get struck by something I usually jump right into it before I lose the inspiration. I will come back to the other ones as soon as they have aged a little. Hopefully I will be able to complete the Robot MMC entry.
Attachments
Library3.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: Library Foyer

Post by LeonRegis »

Really good start, the lighting is great!
I used to do the same thing... if I get stuck or bored with some project I just stop and start another, but I stop doing this because I usually don't finish any big project, so now I try to stay in focus. So my advice to you is: Don't get drowned with your projects!

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

leonregis...thanks for the advice. It is easy to get bored with a scene when the creative juices start flowing. I am trying not to but I also had family visiting and work has been crazy so I have not been doing much modeling and stuff lately.
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

I know what you mean, for now I can just play with TS in the weekends and usually I'm tired and want to watch tv, movies and listen to music... so I did nothing this one. :(

Anyway, now you have finished the Robot - MMC, one less! :D
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Good textures.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

leonregis wrote:I know what you mean, for now I can just play with TS in the weekends and usually I'm tired and want to watch tv, movies and listen to music... so I did nothing this one. :(

Anyway, now you have finished the Robot - MMC, one less! :D
Exactly. I get some time in the evenings after the kids are in bed or when I get up at 4:30 in the AM on the weekends to play around until the kids get up at 7:00 :)

I am not overly happy with the MMC but the pressure is off for that one.
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Finis wrote:Good textures.

Thanks Finis. I have been really trying to take my time and learn more this time around. I probably won't get into too many MMC's because of the pressure of meeting the deadlines so I can just tinker with lighting and texturing at my liesure.

I am going through a lighting phase right now in that I am trying to get my hands on any tutorial that I can to do various lighting schemes.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I just do MMC's or SMC's when I have an idea that I think won't take long. Then I get carried away and do too much.
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Finis wrote:I just do MMC's or SMC's when I have an idea that I think won't take long. Then I get carried away and do too much.
I enjoy doing them but I often get an idea of something I would rather work on and well the MMC just kind of becomes secondary. I have not done an SMC yet as I am nowhere near readyfor that unless the topic happens to be a textured plane (and I don't mean the kind that fly) :)
Karthogen

Post by Karthogen »

I have the same issues with the deadline of the mmc. Sometimes I just put it down and can't get started Again. I try and use the mmc and smc to get ideas and that will generally lead to a lArger project I don't have time for.