Nov MMC Robots - "Untitled"

tahnoak
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Nov MMC Robots - "Untitled"

Post by tahnoak »

marcel wrote:This robot need a gun for those who don't want to pay. :bananacheers:

Marcel, it is hard to see but there is a tiny mechanism built into the arm that if someone doesn't pay then the robot immediately flips the bottle over in its holder and whips it at the customer with deadly accuracy :D
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Final Submissions. I think this closed on the 20th and I just ran out of time to work on this any more. Darn family!!! :D
Attachments
Robot5_NoTexture.jpg
Robot5.jpg
Breech Block

Post by Breech Block »

Nice work, love the lighting.
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

Breech Block wrote:Nice work, love the lighting.
Thanks Breech. I have been on a lighting frenzy lately. Not sure why but I have been modeling little things and then spending hours just tweaking with lighting in both tS and Vue. It really is amazing what good lighting will do for a scene. As I have heard before, good lighting can make up for bad modeling but good modeling can't make up for bad lighting :D
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

I think it is too dark. Cool model and idea though.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Dude! You achieve something that I get hard time to. This scene is too realistic, using Lightworks, right? Really beautiful, the only things that make you see that it is 3D is the black background. How you did the glass? :shock:

Keep the good work!
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
tahnoak

Post by tahnoak »

leonregis wrote:Dude! You achieve something that I get hard time to. This scene is too realistic, using Lightworks, right? Really beautiful, the only things that make you see that it is 3D is the black background. How you did the glass? :shock:

Keep the good work!

Finis...yeah, it is pretty dark but that was the ambience I was going for. Sort of like a very high tech home bar that one might find in the basement of some mad scientist :)

leonregis...thanks! Yes this is all lightworks and I purposely left the background color black so that the other colors would stand out more, as you noticed.

The glass is the following settings:
Color: RGB (189,228,226)
Transparency: 0.24
Bump: None
Reflectance: Glass
- Shininess: 1
- Specular: .08
- Reflection: .75
- Transmission: 1
- Refraction: 2.54