Planning the Future

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Planning the Future

Post by LeonRegis »

As you can see Prodigy opened a section for me, many thanks to you :worship:
That's because I'll play hard with 3D now! Will stop doing things on my desk or at the local store and start creating new things, giant things, whole new worlds, movies, etc...
I know that it's sounds b******t since I'll not win money or something like that, but I'll have fun and it's good to have a project to focus on.

Now I'll talk about 3 projects that I have in mind, whose one will be start sooner (between today and next week).

Suspended Spiderweb HD City: An entire city between 4 steep mountains that are suspended by enormous (hemp? stell?) cables, has an central area with stores, workplaces and halls. Has an airport for ''dirigibles'' and two Factories, technology of early XX century.
GOAL: Can walk on the city in workspace, make a low-poly version for OurSpace, take some beautiful pics with LW and/or Yafaray.
What I'll need: I'll do this first project alone, of course if someone is interested you can enter. I'll use advanced modeling techniques, super/mega advanced texturing work, simple scripting for FPN, interspersed scenes.
Expected project duration: 1 to 3 months
Type: Opensource (all models, textures, composition will be released for free and with modifying possibilities.

Civilization History: Since the Australopithecus to the Space Dominance, small animations representing ages and their daily activities and events, normally with 3 or 5 minutes the first part is about progress and the last about destruction and human stupidity so the last episode will contain just progress (the reason of be the last), I believe that human race need to evolute and be somehow a good entity at the universe, not a petty.
GOAL: Entertainment, point of view and movie creation.
What I'll need: This I'll need people to do it faster, anyway I can do alone too, but then it will take more time and with worse results. Will use advanced modeling techniques, super advanced texturing work, post process expertise, character animation and development, warfare animations, mega realistic animations, simple face montion.
Expected Project Duration: 1 to 2 years
Type: Partially Free (some models and textures will be made free)

Children Warriors: Conspiracy, war, near future, low resources, video game, etc... It's all I can say for now, this is secret and don't have the screenplay totally done yet, but I can say that will be a cool short film (15 - 30 min)!
GOAL: Entertainment, point of view, suspense, action, thinking, etc...
What I'll need: This one I can't do totally alone... I'll need in the min a 3 person team (me, one good at texture and other great animator/movie editor/post processor). Advanced Modeling techs, super texturing techs, post process doctor, warfare animation master, advanced face motion, scenes development, super realistic character development and animation, weapons modeling, vehicles modeling, super creative flow, design of new things, etc...
Expected Project Duration: 1,5 to 3 years
Type: Private, might release some models for free.

WIC - War isn't Cool or PAW - Peace at World: The name could change, the main idea is show how war is horrible, so to do that we need to create some characters and show they happily living, their friends, parents and brothers, plans to future (go to university, work) and then show they at the battlefield or at home being attacked even doing nothing and dying with all their dreams, feelings and wishes. I will not show they dying totally, just a explosion and they cut the scene or suddenly a shot sound and everything black... The end will show the news arriving to his house, friends, mother, school, work room, etc...
GOAL: Point of view, thinking, commotion...
What I'll need: Advanced modeling, medium texturing, some post process, animation, warfare animation, etc...
Expected Project Duration: 3 to 8 months
Type: Private, might release some models for free

That's it!
All those possible WIPs posted above are created by me, some along time ago and others in lasts weeks. They still on paper/Hard Drive and I don't know if they will be done it depends on interest and cooperation (just in some). The only WIP confirmed to develop is the first, others aren't yet. You don't need to join the team of some of the WIPs just say if you liked the idea or something to improve, of course there I don't listed all things about the WIPs, just a fast resume. As you can see most of the WIPs are really big and difficult to do, if you want to join the team just post here or send me a PM but have in mind to be loyal and with will to do this, if you join the team try to not leave it... but you are free to do that, just don't talk about secrets or about the history before it be finished or published.

Thanks! Many thanks Prodigy!
:superbanana:

Cya
Last edited by LeonRegis on 02 Nov 2009, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
marcel
Captain

Re: Planning the Future

Post by marcel »

Nice to see you have your forum. It is useful for long project. Small thread can be lost after several month in a huge archive.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Yeah Marcel, all credit goes to Prodigy, thanks again! Please feedback about the WIPs, also now I opened the WIP for the first idea: http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... f=50&t=989" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks and Cya
tahnoak
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by tahnoak »

Very ambitious projects. Good luck with them and keep us updated :D
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Tahnoak.
--------
I'm stuck in all my others projects... but this will change!!! I'll enter in vacation, ie, will have time to do whatever I want, ie (again), do 3D! :lol:
Suspended Siperweb City is going well, and I'm starting other models for it, the city is winning shape! And this is just possible because of you, my friends, are helping me... giving tips, critics and showing ways to make it better, so thanks to Tahnoak (You've been helping me a lot lately), Finis, trueBlue and Steinie. And HEY, I need beta testers for the Shared Space Vertex, if anyone want, just PM me. ;)

Now about that projects on my mind... I think I'm with too much WAR on my agenda, so let's take WIC or PAW aside. For replace it I'll do several small WIPs about animation, modeling characters, etc... and will need a lot of help because those WIPs will be for learning, for then apply on big projects... :roll:

Cya
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

What.. happened to this project? Looked like.. fun.
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I tried to get LeonRegis back to this Forum, he reminds me of you!
Lots of energy and talent.
He did come to visit us awhile back and say hello. He is just involved in too many projects and you know as well as others 3D work takes a LOT of TIME.

http://united3dartists.com/forum/vi ... wrapheader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

How naïve I was with planning back then! Too much wishful thinking.

Hope I got it right this time.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

If you want to make god laugh, tell him your plans ;)
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

I have old plans still cooking, but with some short term goals and self discipline.. the saying of "You can't eat a whole elephant in one bite" becomes very relevant. It's best to execute each small step to get there.. modifying your goals somewhat is perfectly fine, just.. break them down to small easy chunks.