WW2 Entrenchment after Battle

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Re: MMC Aug/Spt Outpost - WW2 Entrenchment after Battle

Post by LeonRegis »

It's too complicated do that rope around the helmet... Then I need opinions, the helmet is good? Do you think that I need to do a new grenade or I can use that one (needs to be a realistic scene)? Someone gets a top view of M1 garand?

If you can reply those questions, please do that!
Cya

PS: I'll start the sandbags...
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Karthogen wrote:could you duplicate the helmet make it a little bigger and then with a net texture and alpha map make it see through?
Or
Perhaps the tutorial Prodigy did on his shopping cart model in the SMC could be of some help to make the rope.
shopping cart model of prodigy would be a good solution but the wireframe need to be as the net. Begin the model with a sphere is not the best way (triangle at the top). With quad and sds you can have a net wireframe useful for this method. Try to use sds on a cube, extract the mesh and finish the model. I think rayman use other method with wireframe and Vue but the problem is the same: you need before a good quad construction to simulate the net.
For the alpha map, it is a problème of uvmap. Maybe a cubic uv projection and a tile texture.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

The sandbag is very simple to do, the secret is the texture and sewing details... I'm improving those sewings details. I also need to do it with cloth simulation to when I do the trench those bags looks in a realistic willing.

I need opinions yet!!! What are you thinking about my last models and do you think that I really need to change the cartoon grenade for a realistic one???

Cya
Attachments
Without Cloth Simulation
Without Cloth Simulation
With Cloth Simulation
With Cloth Simulation
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Still needing opinions, but now I need another thing... Which parameter of the cloth simulation in the workspace (Stretch, Bend, etc) can keep the volume? My sandbag loses the volume when impact the ground and in a few seconds looks like a damaged paper...

Need Help, thanks in advance

PS: I'm starting the ground, is better a plane to do that or a cube?
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

I'm doing the ground with a plane, I would like start the entrenchment now but need your help!!! I don't have much time, a month flies, I need to start the texturing too, but I think is better start the composition first. So please help me :?

Thanks in Advance
Karthogen
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Karthogen »

Sorry I can not help with the Clothe Sim, I have not had much luck with it myself.

The Grenade looks descent and I think it depends on how you are going to use it in the scene. I think the model will still work with more realistic textures.
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: MMC Aug/Spt Outpost - WW2 Entrenchment after B

Post by theuns »

coming along nicely leo :)
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Karthogen and Theuns!
I'm addicted to the Shared Space right now, so I didn't much progress, anyway here is the terrain without texture. I would like to hear what do you think and some tip for a more realistic way to model or texture for the terrain.
The terrain have a ''hole'' in the middle which will be the part where weapons, grenades, sandbags will be... The texture needs to be a mix of mud, clay, dirty and grass. So will be difficult do it realistic. Anyway I'll try. But I'm near to give up, I need to learn other things and seems that this scene will no be cool enough

Cya

PS: You can see also craters of artillery or grenades...
Attachments
gro_p1.jpg
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Steve »

this project's going great, keep going
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: MMC Aug/Spt Outpost - WW2 Entrenchment after B

Post by theuns »

sandbag with cloth simulation looks much better than without... how did you do the cloth simulation to look like that?

terrain looks good as it is, don't worry about it too much because the texture will make up most of the look and you won't see a lot of the terrain geometry unless you use a very plain texture...

there is a default shader that looks like a mesh cage, i've used that before as a rope net texture on an air balloon and it worked fine, check the attached screen shot: choose "Material Library" on the left, the browse for "metals2" and choose "Hex Mesh" shown on the top right under the tear drop mouse cursor... just add another color layer and make it brown for the rope net color you want, then paint it on a copy of the helmet top shell... should work...
Attachments
tS Hex Mesh.jpg
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.