WW2 Entrenchment after Battle

bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: WW2 Entrenchment after Battle

Post by bitkar »

very good.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
theuns
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post by theuns »

looks great, leonregis... love the way you composed the scene, the bumpmap foreground works well and the "fog" works perfectly for the mood of the scene... well done :)
theuns - tSer since 2000
.:| http://theunsfvo.cgarena.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
.:| http://bluestarcreations.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; |:.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Looks good! Did you do the contrast thing for the fog like was discussed earlier in the thread?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Buzz
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Buzz »

Very nice war scene Leonregis! It reminds me of the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty WWII games that I played so often. But I must admit that Marcel is right about creating more depth to the scene. It does look a bit flat. You can change this the way he said and you can also change the brightness and contrast and above all, play with the Levels settings to give the colours a more natural look. It will really add to the quality of your render. I myself love to work with Photoshop and I am always looking for ways to pimp my renders a bit. To show you what I mean, I "Photoshoped" your renders a bit to get a more "film-look". I did this with your image to show you what is possible and to push you in the right direction. Leonregis, I hope you like it.
Attachments
after_battle_filmeffect.jpg
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Well That's actually the final version of the render, so there's nothing more I like to render. But I wouldn't mind in improve it on photoshop or anything related to it. The problem is, I just don't know how to, I never tried before, so maybe would be a good chance to.

Buzz I quite liked what you did, that blur and sensation of DoF. I like most the first, because it mantain the yellow color that I want in the scene, because of the dust. I really would like to know what you can do :worship:

Thanks for all positive feedback v3rd3, bitkar, theuns, Finis and Buzz
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi