Worry about the Details - Cartoon Series by Leon

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Worry about the Details - Cartoon Series by Leon

Post by LeonRegis »

Hi that's my first WIP, so I'll start with something simple and cool. I hope be the first of several! :superbanana:

I'm testing my 3D cartoonist abilities (I usually do realistic things), the cartoons that I'll show here it's about something that you forgot or don't see and it causes lots of problem.

This first image it's of a soldier that is too scared with the war and forgots his back and there is a grenade... Nothing too special and I don't think that is really funny but I don't have any better idea :|

I need help to finish this image, I need to built a skeleton to the character (he is without SDS, just the face) and then put him in the position that I want, sadly I don't know how to do that... Other thing is: Anyone know whats the difference between a grenade and a activated grenade? I need to make that grenade active, in the scene it's not. Any help to improve the quality of the scene (textures, models, etc) is welcome! :)
Additional info: Modeled in 7.6 (1 hour) and render in Light Works (Adptive Anti-Aliasing to render fast)
The wall and some objects is without SDS... I'm very busy so will be difficult finish it, anyway help me :D

Thanks
Attachments
worrytest1.jpg
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
Steve
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Worry about the Details - Cartoon Series by Leon

Post by Steve »

You're off to a good start, nice lighting
As it's a cartoon, maybe instead of a subtle difference like activating the grenade won't be enough to show it's not his grenade, maybe (I know it's not accurate for a grenade) you could make it fizz? Or maybe stick something on his back like a stick of dynamite fizzing away in his backpack?

As for rigging:
http://www.designdevil.de/index.php?men ... 0&amount=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
look for the plugin "motionstudio" and PFFX or PrimalparticalsFX and take a look at this video course, it really beats the native truespace system hands down
http://www.caligari.com/products/trueSp ... Cate=Older" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will you be able to show a wireframe of your person?

Once you've done that, expanding the scene should be the next step, with PPFX you could make explosions in the background, dust, things like that, and of course if you choose to make a fizz, it can be done that way

HTH
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Thanks Weevil,

I'm really dumb, will check those plugins in some days, of course I'll need to do some explosions on the background ^^
I think that I'll do a dynamite or try some fizz at the grenade, about the skeleton here is the wireframe, I'll see the tutorial :T

The character it's quite simple, can I add a skeleton then make SDS in the object? He needs SDS...

Cya
Attachments
cha1.jpg
Last edited by LeonRegis on 22 Sep 2009, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Maybe a image sequence would help... First image it's just the grenade being thrown over the wall, second that image and then the last is a explosion... ;)

I also need some cartoon help (I don't have any experience with it) if anyone there it's a cartoonist please tell me a few tips, right Steinie? :lol:

Thanks in Advance
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Any tutorial of how to use primal particles? Seems to be a great plugin, I would like to know how use it and apply that knowledge in this WIP :D
DesignDevil
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by DesignDevil »

Primal particles FX tutorial (the only one that i could found and have): http://www.caligari.com/Help/Tutorials/ ... -small.wmv
I still use TrueSpace 6.6
Link: My Youtube Channel
Link: www.DesignDevil.de - Plugins, Tutorials and more about TrueSpace 6.6
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Hey many thanks DD! It is helping my initiation with PPFX! ;)

Thanks
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

An "active" grenade is one without the "pin"
Why not have the pin in HIS hand showing he dropped the grenade by accident?

Ashame you couldn't put the steampunk tortoise next to the grenade
saying "Oh Poop" :lol:
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Could be better the way that Steinie describe... The pin needs to be larger to everyone see. I'll work on that.

Many Thanks Steinie!

Edit: I don't know if Mad Mouse would lend his tortoise to me... :lol:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The grenade's handle flies off when it is thrown.

Put some more loops on the soldier's thumbs or SDS will shorten them.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker