Vacancies!

LeonRegis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Vacancies!

Post by LeonRegis »

I'll be direct: Team work is amazing, cool, funny and very very productive. Who pretends to join a team could enter mine. I'll not put more details to not discourage you, but if I get enough interested (at least 4, because when I tell then what I need, some will not join so if of those 4 I get one, would be great) I'll post the details (which type I need, but it doesn't matter if you really want to join but you specialization area isn't what I want, because I'm newbie and have one more is always good, even if is to do the same job).

So I count on you! ;)

Cya
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mohandas Gandhi
carlpatti
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Vacancies!

Post by carlpatti »

hey leonRegis! :bananahi:

i think team work is a great idea. i don't know if i have the skill to contribute anything at all but i could try to help.

at the moment, i am considering jumping into the futuristic bicycle race contest - not so much to compete but to push myself and push my skill level along. what better way to do that (i have been told directly or indirectly by you, froo, and steinie) than to do a WIP page, even better a WIP page for the MMC.

i would expect much of the time until the deadline on the 22nd will be consumed by the MMC but i would still LOVE to help with whatever you have in mind. i have yet to complete my 1st model but i am determined to become a competent 3D modeler.

and so... please count me in. i must be able to contribute something, even as a newbie.

more soon,
patti :D
LeonRegis
Captain
Location: Brazil/Earth/Orion Arm/Milky Way/4th Dimension/This Universe/Multiverse???/Singularity???

Post by LeonRegis »

Howdy Patti!

Of course you can enter, I accept all kind of ability (newbies like me, good ones, experts and gods as prodigy, marcel and many others)!

You should open your WIP and do your personal projects, because I'm grouping the team but don't plan to use this year, and might just in February. And I see that most of users are doing teams (Wonderful ones :o ) and I'm afraid to last alone here.

But there's something that you could try to do right now. That is the beta testing of the shared space version of the Suspended Spiderwed City. Just PM me with your email and I send the scene attached the faster I can (The Shared Space vertex is a bit delayed), and as I promised who be beta tester will receive the HD version (That have more details, because the shared space need to be the most compact I can).

Continue to join, please!
weedhunter
Chief Petty Officer

Post by weedhunter »

ok im getting intersted. i dont mind helping out. but i dont know what im helping out. mind give me more details so i know what i getting into.

i am a have some skill in 3d design. i have some skill in 2d design. and im very intersted in learning programming.

:bananacheers:
My future project is to have tS work on Mac!!
Learning C and Cocoa rite now!!
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Hey weedhunter,

Good to know that someone else is interested, I thought that Patti was the first and last interest, I was wrong. :mrgreen:

About the projects, as I said it isn't going to be instantaneous and will start just next year in the first semester, first because that I need to get enough people to form the team and second because we first need to discuss what to do, I'm not saying that I have nothing in mind ( I have several ideas ) but I need to know if everyone really wants and even to add more ideas, understand?

So let's wait more folks to then give more details...
BTW is great to know that you have some experience in 2d design, which area? (Logos, publicity, etc)
Yep I saw your female, and I can assured to you that you are good at 3D ;)
Programming it's not with me... but I'm learning C++ Builder, you can also learn some scripting with Truespace to do ''games'' inside it.

Cya :bananacheers:
weedhunter
Chief Petty Officer

Post by weedhunter »

im pretty good with adobe illustrator. i did a school project that include us to make our own custom logo. i think i did a great job on it. ill show a screen shot soon of it. im really good with Adobe Photoshop.but my art is kinda on the dark side :bananasad:

i like doing graphic design. shows how i feel upon the world.

im still finishing high school. im a 2010 grad
My future project is to have tS work on Mac!!
Learning C and Cocoa rite now!!
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Great Man! :mrgreen:
So how old are you? 18?
Well, I'm 15 and live in Brazil.
What do you mean with Dark Side? :roll:

Cya
PS: Let's go folks!!!
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

Good idea Leon!

We are mostly working on our own on our projekt and it would be interesting to work in a team to do something BIG.

When I first saw the video "Pigeon impossible" my thought were: that's not impossible if there was a possibility to work as a team in this community. We could do the same with TS. For now I couldn't participate but when I'm retiered, about 10 years in future, I see no problems.

I would like to find it very interesting to work with a minor thing in a collaboration to do a video.
"Carpe diem"
LeonRegis
Captain

Post by LeonRegis »

Yes Tommy, it's really difficult or impossible do big things alone. How many guys a Pixar team has? More than 100 in the minimum, one for each porpoise (one for texturing metals, one for modeling house things, one for lightning interiors and other for inside caves, another for modeling faces and so...) of course we can't do it here, but we can have a lot of fun and reach a reasonable goal, like shorts as Pigeon Impossible, but dividing those 5 years of work between 5 members, and then it would took just one year. But I think we can do it much, much, much faster...

The problem Tommy is that in 10 years Ts would be totally obsolete and I'll be working... :?
But you can help us with project ideas and small models, if you want.

Cya
Tommy
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Tommy »

I think you are working at Pixar at that time. Maybee there are another Leonregis at this community who have the same idea.

If TS isn't existing anymore something else are which we can do renderings with.

I would like to participate but only with a very, very little thing. I have a family, a job and other things which is involved in a household and that takes time.

I doesn't feel good then I can't complete something I promised to do because the car, refrigator or something else on the house got broke and I have to fix it.
"Carpe diem"