Art Gallery

trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Re: Art Gallery

Post by trueBlue »

Welcome to United 3D Artist :bananathumb:
No D3D?
How is Workspace's Realtime Renderer and tools working for you?
Emmanuel
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Emmanuel »

joe_7 wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 15:47 Having this in Linux is awesome. D3D was a no-go but at least the software driver works. No problems except that the rendering options always reset themselves, so no AA, etc., but I can deal. Starting to like TS7 better as I become more accustomed to it.
TS 7.6's rendering options always reset in Windows OS also. But settings are saved in your scn files.

On your screenshot we can see that D3D is not so bad : at least you can display textures.
Is OpenGL mode working better ?
joe_7
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by joe_7 »

Software D3D only works in the TS6 side. Software GL also works and the transparency isn't dithered, but it's slower.

The rendering options reset as soon as I change them. That's ok, just roughing things out right now, can bring it all into Win10 when I get more into the texturing. I use Linux most of the time so this definitely saves on the dual-booting for now though.

Added a couple more items with some quick & dirty texturing:

sculptures1.jpg
clintonman
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by clintonman »

How is your mouse behavior in the virtual machine? When I use a VM the mouse goes crazy when I try to rotate the 3D view.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
joe_7

Post by joe_7 »

VirtualBox has "mouse integration" available in the menu (or by right-clicking on an icon in the lower toolbar). Should work okay then.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

joe_7 wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 19:11 VirtualBox has "mouse integration" available in the menu (or by right-clicking on an icon in the lower toolbar). Should work okay then.
Thanks for the tip. I run an older version of Virtual Box so I can run WinXP with 3D acceleration. Mouse integration fixes the crazy view tumbling but now the mouse cursor disappears in the 3D view. The good news is I just setup the latest version of Virtual Box on another machine and running Win7 works great with the mouse integration turned on.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
joe_7

Post by joe_7 »

Kinda strange that the cursor would disappear, maybe it's the 3D acceleration? I switched back to XP after learning how to get more cores enabled but still have the problem of not being able to set rendering options. I suppose I could try to get an older version working to see if it has the same problem (and/or vanishing cursor).

Here are some examples using a texture generator I've been working on. Not sure about the "wood" yet but I guess it's in the ballpark:

s1.jpg
texgen1.jpg
marble_dialog.jpg
Helengarcia
Seaman Recruit

Post by Helengarcia »

Good Job Joe!
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

looks good... wood surely needs improvement, maybe just download some free highres texture somewhere, its better than to generate it.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
joe_7

Post by joe_7 »

@Helengarcia: Thanks.

@bitkar: I agree, it doesn't seem possible to be fake wood very well without sophisticated algorithms. (I doubt I'll take it further than this, but it was interesting to do.)