Quadcopter

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Quadcopter

Post by Finis »

Keeps getting better.

I undercharged too when my business was new. I would only do simple quick things on fiver. These simple things for this little price and contact me to negotiate higher level work like this (link to a portfolio or demo reel).

What you charge is part of your reputation. Can't charge too much of course but psychologically clients think you are worth more if you demand more. I went to bid on doing a yard, said $32 each time, customer said previous guy did it for twenty something, I said $32 each time. Got the job.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Finis wrote: 19 Mar 2021, 16:35 Keeps getting better.

I undercharged too when my business was new. I would only do simple quick things on fiver. These simple things for this little price and contact me to negotiate higher level work like this (link to a portfolio or demo reel).

What you charge is part of your reputation. Can't charge too much of course but psychologically clients think you are worth more if you demand more. I went to bid on doing a yard, said $32 each time, customer said previous guy did it for twenty something, I said $32 each time. Got the job.
Fiverr drives the prices down though by having lots of people competing on being the cheapest. You can charge more on Fiverr of course but you need to have established a decent reputation with a larger portfolio on there.

I'm raising my prices as I'm getting more jobs. I also refused to charge less than 40 bucks for my work, from what I can tell most sellers on Fiverr start extremely low (5-10 bucks for artwork), this is probably why I never got a lot of jobs on there in the first place because my "rep" didn't match my prices.

Still, this job is a fun one and everything I do is a portfolio piece as well so things can only go up from here, prices included. :lol:
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Two animations done so far:

sideways0001-0400-1.mp4
(3.94 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Render Studio Shot-1.mp4
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

duuuude... even with a fluid sim??? very nice... I would NOT do this for few bucks.

Years ago, I did a 3D model from technical hand drawings of a chopper. I charged about 1000 USD (!) for making the model, making renders in a studio environment and in real photo environment. Later I gave the model to his engineer so he can catch the shape better. Sadly it never came to a real thing, but he was close, i believe. It was a secret that time, but i think i can show it now. Was nothing super special of a design. But the dude knew helicopter stuff and wanted to make a cheap helo with a smaller diesel engine from a car. He needed somthing to show investors (even different nations). Coz he had only a design and everything in his head and he wanted to start the project.
The model also has some basic interior, so its not just outer shell, window are transparent. I show you this dark version, coz i dont want to show it oo much. I have all sorts of angles in bright lighting too.
Attachments
black2.jpg
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
MikomDude
Captain

Post by MikomDude »

Dude, that's super cool! Love that design! Who knows maybe they will still try making it in the future!

Reminds me of the Spectrum Saloon car from Captain Scarlet for some reason, love this car:
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

lol, ya just add rotors and its the same ;))
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Pilot animated too. Good job.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

Both animations blew me away! Very professional!