Expermenting with Unreal-4

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Expermenting with Unreal-4

Post by FHembree »

I been expermenting with unreal trying to learn some basics of using this software. The going is sometimes very slow when you don't know what you are doing and you have to keep searching
on internet and u-tube to get answers. I imported a model I downloaded from sketchup and imported it into unreal and this is my first attempt at a rendering.
SketchUp Model was done by Aaron Davies and is 18.3 MB with 148,724 polygons.
Having fun learning something new. :)
Attachments
Farnsworth--05.jpg
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Expermenting with Unreal-4

Post by bitkar »

nice first one :)
can you freely move around with this quality in realtime? what is the framerate and what GPU do you have?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Yes moving around is super fast after the textures and lighting have been rebuilt. Its real time. MY next step is to make a movie. I think tools are built in to unreal to easily make a movie.
What is really intersting to me is to watch the grass and trees move in real time due to the built in wind in the scene. You don't see that in a still render but it will show when a movie is created.
I have an old pc using windows 7 with an AMD A6-3600 16G memory andNVIDA GeForce GTX 1050T.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

This is a very quick test movie made with unreal4. Nothing special, just moving of the camera. After learning the steps it very simple and only takes a few minutes to create.
Attachments
firstVideo30_3.mp4
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 246 times