Sports Challenge WP

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Sports Challenge WP

Post by FHembree »

After searching several different stadium images from the internet, I have decided on this one to try and model, or something similar in concept. It has some very basic shapes that should
make it easier to model. I think this is a Russian stadium. Progress so far. I know I want to add some people and decide on some colors, and rest I'm not so sure about.
Attachments
Stadium-E21_Small.jpg
Screen-Stadium.jpg
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Sports Challenge WP

Post by Draise »

Beautiful start.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Made a little more progress. I have decided to add gridwork type frame to the dome area. I have added some people and added a couple of trees. Will duplicate the trees as needed to fill in the design.
I will also add some basic block shaped cars to the parking as needed. Then decided on some colors and maybe textures as appropriate. :)
Attachments
Stadium-E106-LL-Grid.jpg
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Have added trees, cars, and people. Also added colors to make rendering look complete.
Added a few flags also. Now I will just study it and see if I can see think of anything else that might make it more complete.
All work was done in truespace workspace side. Trees, cars, and people were imported obj files from SketchUp.
Could have modeled cars in truespace, but faster and easier to just import find them from sketchUp.
Rendering was done with YafaRay
Attachments
Stadium-E124-Grid-Low.jpg
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

iam not sure about the proportions :) how many ppl can you fit in? isnt that too small? or the ppl to big? :) Looks like a stadium for few hundrets of ppl, usually its for tenths of thousands.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I certainly like your work BUT where is the ADA requirements ;) ? :lol: NO wheel chair ramp?
The parking lot is small so I picture this at a park with the top made of carbon fiber or plastic. There is not enough support at the base to hold the roof structure if the top is metal. Do you need the cables for support?
I also have visions of an Amiga 1000...
Great work as usual! :bananathumb:
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

FHembree wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 04:41 ...
All work was done in truespace workspace side. Trees, cars, and people were imported obj files from SketchUp.
Could have modeled cars in truespace, but faster and easier to just import find them from sketchUp.
Did you do the grid lattice work in trueSpace workspace? I have an unpublished technique for making lattices in workspace but it has a number of steps to make it happen.
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Steinie wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 13:00 I certainly like your work BUT where is the ADA requirements ;) ? :lol: NO wheel chair ramp?
The parking lot is small so I picture this at a park with the top made of carbon fiber or plastic. There is not enough support at the base to hold the roof structure if the top is metal. Do you need the cables for support?
I also have visions of an Amiga 1000...
Great work as usual! :bananathumb:
I knew someone would comment about HC ramps. OK will add one somewhere on outside steps. Once inside there would be elevators.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

clintonman wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 15:23
FHembree wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 04:41 ...
Did you do the grid lattice work in trueSpace workspace? I have an unpublished technique for making lattices in workspace but it has a number of steps to make it happen.
Yes, in Truepace. Its simply the top portion of a sphere. I selected the faces and did a bevel, then deleted the interior faces and then extruded the remaining polygons. Very easy and straightforward.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

bitkar wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 11:02 iam not sure about the proportions :) how many ppl can you fit in? isnt that too small? or the ppl to big? :) Looks like a stadium for few hundrets of ppl, usually its for tenths of thousands.
Yes, its a small stadium. Below is the image I used for inspiration.
Attachments
Ubwiza-19.jpg