[Body Mechanics Rig WIP_02 - Work Exchange with Telepurte]

Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

[Body Mechanics Rig WIP_02 - Work Exchange with Telepurte]

Post by Draise »

Me and my bro @telepurte, (a.k.a: Miguel Stephens) has started a work exchange, where I work for him and he works for me. He has created some great character designs for a personal project of mine and in exchange I'm making a custom rig for animation in Blender - with muscles ready for Body Mechanics and simple 2D facial acting. First hours exchanged! It is always a pleasure to work with him. He has a great form and conceptual character design skills, and a fun humour.

Base Mesh
XSI_2017-08-10_14-58-20.png
Concept Art
Telepurte - Sketch_01.png
Telepurte - Sketch_02.png
Telepurte - Sketch_03.png
These were drawn with Krita, The 3D model in Softimage and is ready to be sculpted, as I blocked out the main form with polygons. I will then use Bforartists (Blender for Artists, a fork) to do sculpting touchups, and then later do the retopology there also. I will bake in SMAK - now that it works with my card, or BFA. I'll rig in Blender/BFA, and use Animation Nodes to build muscles.

Initial Sculpts
bforartists_2017-08-16_10-54-38.png
bforartists_2017-08-16_10-54-18.png
Did an hour of scultping today. I used Blender, well specifically BFA, cause it's cooler. To do sculpts in Blender, I like to use Dynotopo on a lowpoly base mesh (to save time on the general form) then throw in a Detail Flood Fill with constant detail. I noticed with a flood fill, it becomes a sculpting experience similar to Zbrush like sculpting. I usually fill and sculpt at a resolution of 20-60. I also have used these brushes called Orb Brush Set, which you can get for free on Blendswap. They are really great to use.

I am not happy and this as this is far from finished, but I need to return to real work today - hopefully we can review some of the anatomy and sculpt it in better tomorrow or the day afer. I plan to make the rig rather dynamic with tendons/muscles using Animation Nodes and principally shapes for artistic control. Stay tuned!
RAYMAN
Captain

Re: [Body Mechanics Rig WIP_02 - Work Exchange with Telepurte]

Post by RAYMAN »

Very interesting ! I will look it up ! Greetings