I've working on a series of low poly aircraft...

BNG
Chief Warrant Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 0

I've working on a series of low poly aircraft...

Post by BNG »

I pretty much just use the model side of 7.6x to make low poly models for a video game called, Battlezone IICombat Commander. Lately, I've been creating quite a military type fighter aircraft like the F-4, F-5, F-14, F-16, F-18, F-22, F35, and A-10. Click link to view post and renders. I used the Mesh collapse tool to make single object meshes, and textures as well as BZII related hardpoints to convert the models from X to XSI. They look and perform very well in the game engine itself. Greetings to all btw. Leroy.
Finis
Captain

Re: I've working on a series of low poly aircraft...

Post by Finis »

They look good. Even recognizable. I think low poly modeling is like that Japanese drawing or painting style where you use the minimum brush strokes possible to make the picture.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
seppgirty
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by seppgirty »

They look pretty good. I find lowpoly modeling more of a challenge then high poly.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Battlezone II, is an old video game and has trouble working with high poly models. These models mostly are crafted out of cylinders and rounded cubes. I find the Wikipedia images very useful to compare against the models progress, adjusting them as I work on the geometry in TS; which is a most excellent modeling tool.

I also create TGA icon and wire frame images using the render to file option that BZII uses in its game control interface. The weapon hardpoints are just 2 faced triangles placed where the weapons should render from when fired in game.

I'd like to expand to creating aircraft from other countries down the road. BZII models are organized in sub groups as each model part is read by it's game engine. I export the models as X and use 3D Exploration to convert them to XSI.
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

I zipped a few BZII models if any one wants to use them; unfortunately they are in XSI format due to the fact that They are intended for use in Batltlezone 2. The models can be opened in 3D Exploration and converted to COB fomat. Most of the aircraft are original designs except for the a10, f4 and f18. click link to see the forum post and DL link of the model group.

PS: I'm also created some new models like the f5, f14, f15, f16, f22, f35, f117 and mig29. I'll eventually zip the models and upload them on my modeling form. Leroy.