Forgetting Blender for TS

FHembree
Master Chief Petty Officer
Type the number ten into the box: 9

Forgetting Blender for TS

Post by FHembree »

I decided to start a new Subject since I decided to quit fooling with blender and focus on truespace;

I actually like working in TS Workspace side , (much more that blender), so I decided to try and model this again is truespace. I only needed to use just a few commands
to do the model so I have no trouble remembering what they are. I am not trying to copy exactly but just the general model.
The rendering is done in yafaRay. Got about 80 percent of model done and so far no real problems. All of the edges of the model in blender had a modifier
applied to sharpen the edges. I don't think truespace has an option to do that, but so far most of the edges do look pretty sharp.
The original image (and model) was done by someone using Daz, but I don't know who, otherwise I would add credit.
Attachments
TS-Ship-03.jpg
TS-Ship-wf-03.jpg
FHembree

Re: Forgetting Blender for TS

Post by FHembree »

Here is the model pretty much complete.
Maybe a few final item to add to finish it. All done in ts workspace side and rendered in yafaRay.
Attachments
TS-Ship-45A.jpg
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

I do like modeling in the WS a lot too.. the viewport and visibility and the basic yet powerful tools makes it speedy to work... and I love the orientation controls for moving things without widgets.
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

I defantly like using truespace over blender. Truespace's workflow seems more thought out and simpler.
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Blender has a long way to go before most Truespace oriented modelers can get behind using it. TS, on the other hand is well organized in some very important ways. I still prefer the model side over work space in terms of preference. Nice model btw.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

BNG wrote:Blender has a long way to go before most Truespace oriented modelers can get behind using it. TS, on the other hand is well organized in some very important ways. I still prefer the model side over work space in terms of preference. Nice model btw.
Thanks,
I just use truespace part time and its hard to do that with blender as you quickly forget most of the short cut keys. Don't have that problem with truespace as I don't use any shortcut keys in
truespace.

Updated view.
Attachments
TS-Ship-75A.jpg
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Just wanted to post an updated image with a few tweaks.
Does anyone know if there is a plugin that allows you to turn off the display of all objects except the currently current selected
object, (similar to blender command), and then turn display of all objects back on, (a toggle type icon).
Attachments
TS-Ship-95_RearL.jpg
TS-Ship-95L.jpg
TS-Ship-92L.jpg
seppgirty

Post by seppgirty »

looks great. nice detail. :bananathumb:
truespace 3.2, 5.2, 6.6, ani-pack, flash plugin,........ you can check out my films athttp://www.chaosbrosfilms.com
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Loving the detail. And that back angle is fricking awesome! Really looking forward to some shaders on your baby! And you were quick to model there! If I ever jump out the dynamic modelign approach of Softimage to get down and dirty to linear modeling, I will definately enjoy it again in trueSpace.
FHembree

Post by FHembree »

Thanks, I wasn't originally going to do texturing but I decided to go ahead and at least give it a try. Its a chance to learn a
few more things maybe.

It not very good but it was fun experimenting anyway.
Attachments
TS-Ship-113_MapColor-17L.jpg