Dragn Droppin's

Dragneye
Lieutenant

Dragn Droppin's

Post by Dragneye »

Gonna be using this thread for all my posts unless rules require it elsewhere.
Easier for all.
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Re: Dragn Droppin's

Post by Dragneye »

Have been doing more writing than art lately, but will post some animations I've been playin' with recently.
Draise
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Draise »

Looking forward to seeing whatever you make!
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

https://youtu.be/9PZdzTVXAs4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some quik drips.

The jumpin' girl (Sintel Lite rig (?)) has no face rig so couldn't get much expression. The new one is the girl with attitude. the guy at the end is my latest iteration.
The spiral in the middle is playing with light in a tunnel for a project.

Thanks Draise.
clintonman
Captain

Post by clintonman »

The guy in the pool is looking a little bit drowned. :shock:
Clinton Reese

http://clintons3d.com
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

"Um, listen... my man... we don't talk about the guy in da pool.
You know whata mean?
Dare is notin' in da pool. Alright?"
He turns, yelling in the distance as he walks away, "Oh, Johhny?! Yo, who invited dis guy, who is dis guy?"

:lol:

:bananacheers:
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

hahahahahahahah

That guy in the pool. Best detail!

I liked your animations, they are all getting better. Keep at it! Some really were awesome.

What is your animation process?
Dragneye
Lieutenant

Post by Dragneye »

Thanks. They're just practice of movement. None of them are finalized. I try to make it real rather than cool and cartoony. (as an example, in real life, rarely does a jump landing end up perfect; or she does 5 whirls in the air before landing 30 ft away. Looks cool, its the way visual animation is done today, but unrealistic, and for me not as much fun to create. I like the character jumping across... and not always making it perfectly. I like blemishes; it's more human and I think more entertaining.
Want to spend time on face and speech now.
Maybe should finish one to show... puter been going into total fail lately so it may be on its last leg.
Again.

Hey guys... for those who do a bit of serious rendering or your system gets pushed hard a bit during its lifetime, how long on average before your computer craps out? Starts failing.
Do you all get 3 yrs at least before you have to get another one? (I don't mean like maybe you want a better card, etc, but cuz you Have to get a new one cuz of failure)

Hey Draise. So what are you asking about? The specific moving, or the whole concept process?
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Dragneye wrote:Thanks. They're just practice of movement. None of them are finalized. I try to make it real rather than cool and cartoony. (as an example, in real life, rarely does a jump landing end up perfect; or she does 5 whirls in the air before landing 30 ft away. Looks cool, its the way visual animation is done today, but unrealistic, and for me not as much fun to create. I like the character jumping across... and not always making it perfectly. I like blemishes; it's more human and I think more entertaining.
Want to spend time on face and speech now.
Maybe should finish one to show... puter been going into total fail lately so it may be on its last leg.
Again.

Hey guys... for those who do a bit of serious rendering or your system gets pushed hard a bit during its lifetime, how long on average before your computer craps out? Starts failing.
Do you all get 3 yrs at least before you have to get another one? (I don't mean like maybe you want a better card, etc, but cuz you Have to get a new one cuz of failure)

Hey Draise. So what are you asking about? The specific moving, or the whole concept process?
10 years! and its not failure its lack of support from software etc.... I have mine repared all the time! I just replace what is broken
Draise
Captain

Post by Draise »

Depends also on the brand. MSI boards usually have lasted atleast 5 years. My AMD board, a cheaper one, lasted maximum 4 years. I have some MSI boards going on 7-9 years. Graphics card on hard push has lasted me atleast 4 years and still going strong - and that is with GPU rendering!

But as most towers go, parts cycle at different intervals. A Harddrive might fail here, a memory stick there, a fan there. Try to keep it dust free (like with ionized air, helps), cool, and do routine defragmentations, memory checks, harddrive disk checks, etc.
I have one harddrive failing right now come to think of it. Whenever I'm using it, it makes my whole system grind.. and I'm backing it up to replace it. You'll be amazed how a failing harddrive or memory stick (those two components are the most likely hardware failures for me) can really screw up a perfectly fine machine. Even a dying ROM disc reader can make BSOD's. That happened to me once.

Concerning your animation... what kind of keyframes do you do? Extremes? Pose to pose? Do you tween? What kind of Fcurves do you use? Do you use the "R" keyframe times in the Fgraph editor of Blender 2.78? Do you block before you start working on your Fcurves? Are you a more Linear keyframe kind of guy, or do you work with extremes? Do you do clip based animation too? Do you sketch out movement with the grease pencil?

So many questions, lol