Finis - U3DAC - Jan. 2016 Star Wars

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis - U3DAC - Jan. 2016 Star Wars

Post by Finis »

Thanks! Good observations and suggestions. It will be some time before I can work on CG stuff again but early tests looked good.

It needs a story. I'm thinking to change it so the saber ball has red sabers indicating it is a Sith or dark side weapon. I doubt Jedi would use such a weapon of mass destruction. The male could hold a blue or green light saber, showing he is Jedi, in one hand while using the Force to defend vs. the ball. The female could do the same, or be running from the background to help while dodging a herd of the big creatures, or be the enemy.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
marcel
Captain

Post by marcel »

Finis wrote:Thanks! Good observations and suggestions. It will be some time before I can work on CG stuff again but early tests looked good.

It needs a story. I'm thinking to change it so the saber ball has red sabers indicating it is a Sith or dark side weapon. I doubt Jedi would use such a weapon of mass destruction. The male could hold a blue or green light saber, showing he is Jedi, in one hand while using the Force to defend vs. the ball. The female could do the same, or be running from the background to help while dodging a herd of the big creatures, or be the enemy.

And a little motion blur for the saber ? To contrast with the static pose of the jedi.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr
BNG
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by BNG »

Nice a shadow would add more realism too.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Draise's character animations are inspiring me to learn about it in Blender. No time for a while but I think I'll try the 3 leg creature. Suggestions for what the creature could do? Separate or in context of this Star Wars picture. Physically he can walk, look, bite, and I think the top part of his head could expand/contract like breathing.

I had envisioned the creature as a docile native animal and he, or groups of them, wander around only mildly concerned with the Jedi battle. With the symmetrical "three" design the only way I saw to give it a mouth was to put it underneath. On top, what would it bite with those teeth? I imagined they might feed on the ground spikes. Problem: That looks fine in the still picture. Now imagine an animation of it feeding on a spike or biting a Jedi or prey ... something sticking into the orifice between its legs ... any suggestions for what to do about its mouth?
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker