Recent Fly In Video.

https://vimeo.com/483399958
The more laws, the less justice. -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
bitkar
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by bitkar »

nice! thanks, nice inside to what you write about. That initial lift is huge there :) and that hang gliders have pretty strange start procedure :) Interesting.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Thanks Bitkar. A guy said about the video, "I don't know much about film making but ..." I advised that the main things to know are: Los Angles, hot waitress, "Hey baby I'm a movie producer".

I tried Blender 2.92 alpha's cpu + gpu rendering. It has improvements. One approximately 2 minute render was 4 seconds faster with cpu + gpu than just gpu. Other tests had gpu only slightly faster. So it works better than before where adding the cpu just made it slow. I think that with faster cpu's it would be faster with cpu + gpu.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Plumbing. Much fun. I decided the shower needs new innards. I need three converter parts to fit the old pipes to the new gadget (the item that the pipes connect to). Two were available and other stores are closed today. So water is shut off since putting the old gadget back had leaks. The flexible hoses used for kitchen and bathroom sinks are available, can do this, and easier to fit it all together. Off to the store ...

UPDATE It is all hooked up now. But there's a leak too big to leave it on. So still no water plus the cold water pipe is blocked and comes from a difficult to access place.

UPDATE Day 3 I'm taking a break from plumbing today. Connecting the old copper tubing to the new gadget is still trouble. Yesterday I got the leak to be slow but it is still not ok. With something to catch the drips the water is on now. Tomorrow I'll try a different way. Still no cold water to the shower and there won't be until a major renovation is done. I thought the old gadget was the cause but it's the water pipe that's blocked. The copper tubes can't be replaced with other pipes now because they come from an inaccessible place. That too waits for major renovation.
bitkar wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 20:28That initial lift is huge there :) and that hang gliders have pretty strange start procedure :) Interesting.
That guy is highly skilled and bolder than others so conditions were ok for him at the hang glider launch at that time. PG's usually launch from a nearby place with calm wind. Once a hang glider pilot had just me as wing man. Strange wind happened and the glider turned and pushed downward. That pinned me to rocks with a cable. No one injured. Don't recall if he launched later.

What was I doing? Ah, store ...
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Try to use vinegar to unclog your Pipes! Not with baking Soda though that can make your Pipes go in the air! :mrgreen:
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I might try that Rayman.

Plumbing day 4
No improvement. I applied the traditions of Festivus. Feats of strength: bending the copper tubes. Festivus pole: used a pipe to help bend. Airing of grievances: griping about it here. I removed the wall surface, rearranged the copper tubes, used old fashioned compression fittings. Same results. Still a slow drip. Water is on with something to catch the drip. I'll continue after Christmas to do Christmas stuff and avoid disaster when stores are closed.
trueBlue
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by trueBlue »

Have you tried to replace the seat washer in the supply or faucet's valves?
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

"Have you tried to replace the seat washer in the supply or faucet's valves?" For about 35 years. It is time for a whole new piece. Compression fittings aren't working for the old copper tubes. Now that I've removed the wall surface I think this is the time to pull the shower out (fiberglass one piece) and replace the copper tubes. Modern parts will fit without converters or compression fitings, there will be cold water to the shower, and damage to the floor under the shower from leaks can be fixed too. I didn't expect it to be a big project but this is when I have no work so it is good. After Christmas.

I intend to do all new water and sewer pipes and arrange things for ease of maintenance but that will be a future project.

Time to bake pies for the family Christmas celebration.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Mystery animal revealed. I encountered one on this hike. Then a guessing game about what animal it is until I got photos of them. Since I'm having no luck finding them again and the guessing game is no longer amusing here is their identity.
link
link
link
Steinie
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10

Post by Steinie »

I waited YEARS for this answer and never would have guessed this one! Crazy!