Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

RAYMAN
Captain

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by RAYMAN »

https://youtu.be/F18AwaQWpVY

Cycles natively doesnt even support Pascal.. but there are so many hacks.. that a lot is possible and the people are coming up with solutions...!
Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by Finis »

There's plenty of interesting CG news but none of it is combined memory.

Currently an expensive system from Nvidia using tesla cards does have combined memory ability. Today's high end is tomorrow's low end so hopefully we will have this in the future. Is it here now? I propose that it is not since you are unable to produce even one piece of evidence that it is.

Not one of the things you have presented has had anything to do with combined memory. It is disturbing that you believe the things you have provided are evidence showing that is exists now. Misunderstand one or two things sure. Misunderstand zillions of things? Something is wrong.

I thought I would ignore your links/evidence after you claimed that Keyshot can do that. Keyshot is a cpu only renderer. But, you probably meant some other one so I foolishly kept looking at at your links. I wanted to find it. I want this to be true. But there was nothing. Absolutely zero supporting evidence in anything you have presented. This shows that your research on this is not worthy of consideration.

Why don't you contact tech support at some companies and ask them if their products can do the combined memory thing? I predict that you will ask questions worded so they will think you mean combined compute power and answer "yes" which you will then believe means "yes" to combined memory. You would do that subconsciously to deceive yourself.

I see how confused you are and the awesome power of wishful thinking.

You read about combined computing power and think that means combined memory. Wishful thinking but some descriptions of systems/software do have imprecise statements such as "use multiple gpu's". I can see how that could inspire hope but any reasonable person would then seek a definitive statement to determine the meaning of the vague statement. I did and found nothing about combined memory.

You seem to think that using multiple gpu's and maybe also the cpu for rendering is new. It is not. Iray, cycles and others have done this for a while. Select the devices you want to use for a render and it combines their computing power to render faster. No memory combination.

You are now the boy who cried wolf. The 100% failure rate means your research on this is not worthy of consideration. It is my fault that I wasted time by looking at it beyond the fist thing or two. I was applying wishful thinking. Hoping it was true despite the complete lack of supporting evidence. "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

I know that keyshot is cpu only..! But it does the amount of memory! Thats all ...!
But I know there are differences in software..!
Prorender as an example is totaly different then the others.. !
Furryball explanes pretty well that it can use multiple gpu but doesnt sum up memory!
But that is not true for every implimentation!
Its down to the implimentation in the software!
Normally they are not even SLI enabled and actually you should turn off SLI because it slows down the system!
But whatever..!
I felt the kind of aggression from your side for some time!
Sorry to waste your time! Just tried to be helpfull!
Maybe talk in a few months and come back to the thread here!
Even if we are not of the same opinion!
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

"Even if we are not of the same opinion!" Yes, don't take my disagreement with you on this to mean I don't respect you in general. You are a good guy. I appreciate your good intentions and enthusiasm.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yes I do same to you! Greetings!
Here is the keynote speech to CES from Intel!
We are heding at least into some very interesting times! Please look at it to the end..! Its a pretty big step in tech just ahead of us!
https://youtu.be/8lbM5vsqJd8
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Busy now. I'll look at that when I have spare time. You should make your own thread for your tech news.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Trouble Embedding Videos - Solved

I had trouble getting youtube and vimeo embedded videos to work in Firefox for a Joomla website. This is what I discovered. Other script or ad blockers and other browsers probably have similar things.

NoScript

You must let these scripts run:
vimeo.com
vimeocdn.com
youtube.com
googlevideo.com (This script activates when you press play on a youtube video. If you usually block it then it won't appear in NoScript to be allowed until you have pressed play.)

Firefox

You must use the basic anti-tracking block list instead of strict or set exceptions for yoututbe and vimeo. Meaning they get to track.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

I've been working on projects that could become other businesses or some extra income and haven't had time to learn more Blender or do CG. Maybe I can do a quick one for the challenge.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Regex Rex

^(?=[A-Za-z0-9\~\!\@\#\^\%\*\_\-\+\.]{9,25}$)(?=(?:[^A-Z]*[A-Z]){2})(?=(?:[^a-z]*[a-z]){2})(?=(?:[^0-9]*[0-9]){2})(?=(?:.*[\~\!\@\#\^\%\*\_\-\+\.]){2})(?!.*(.)\1\1)

Must have 9 to 25 characters from the specified set including at least 2 each of upper case, lower case, numerals, and the allowed symbols. No triple repeats. AA is ok, AAA is not. Probably will change numeral and symbol to one each.
Last edited by Finis on 17 Feb 2018, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Yeaahhh...you're going to have to include a "Forgot Password?" link because I'll never remember THAT.