Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Finis
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Re: Finis' Experiments and Scribbles

Post by Finis »

spacekdet wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 15:39 Yeaahhh...you're going to have to include a "Forgot Password?" link because I'll never remember THAT.
P@ssWord-123
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

The gas company people used their elctro-smelling sniffer thing and gas was leaking from my near my gas meter. It is on my side so I have to pay for repairs. No gas until then.
Mice die in traps because they don't know why the cheese is free. -- seen on a bumper sticker
spacekdet
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 10
Location: On the day shift at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Post by spacekdet »

Black iron pipe, yellow teflon tape (plus a little paste to grease the skids), 2 large monkey wrenches, probably a persuader, lefty-loosey, righty-tighty.
Test with soapy water mixture.
In the meantime, eat beans.
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

They turn my gas off and now it decides to be freezing at night. @Spacekdet, maybe.

Not in time for the sports challenge. Grass modeled in Blender and grass particles in Blender. Render in Daz/Iray. Have to find what happened to the grass UV.
Attachments
BaseballGrass.jpg
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Great. No Gas, no heater, freezing last night, and I'm sick. Plenty of stuff I should do but I can't think. Maybe I'll fool with CG when I'm not unconscious from cold medicine.

Something ordinary, normal, and sane will help: https://vimeo.com/225133231 (there's a couple more of those there).
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

what is the temp at your location? you live in warm environment, do you? where was it? like texas or something?
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

@Bitkar I'm here in the US state of New Mexico which is not the country of Mexico. Born in east Texas (hot and humid). Last two nights freezing (32f, 0c). Day temps have been better this winter. Sierra Blanca was only blanca these last few weeks. Expected high today is toasty for March 72F (22C)! Prediction for chilly nights into April though and that's not good for the mowing business.

I live in a basin in mountains at 4400ft (1341 meters) altitude in the Chihuahuan (chee-wa-wan) desert. Hot in summer but altitude means cold in the winter. A desert is defined by lack of precipitation not temperature (Antarctica). Conditions here create persistent high pressure zones which have little rain. We have rain shadow from the mountains here too. Another feature of deserts is the air is very clear and dry so ground heat easily radiates into space creating a large difference between day and night temps.

Wonderful. The plumbers inspected it and nothing meets regulations so this will be expensive. I'll do as much of it as I can.
bitkar
Captain

Post by bitkar »

that was a detailed description :) Thanks for the metric system btw. Not an easy environment for living. Totally not good to be in 0C with no heating for more than 1-2 nights.
Michal aka bitkar
tS freak since tS2 (1998) and forever (tS7.61 modeler)
Finis
Captain

Post by Finis »

Still no gas. Will call a new plumber today.

Motion capture: I'm looking for very cheap equipment and software to do facial and body motion capture at reasonable quality. The results must be usable in Blender. Suggestions?
RAYMAN
Captain

Post by RAYMAN »

Yup! The easiest way to do it is either with Kinekt or with one or more web cam..systems! Realy good is iclone..it can do that and you can see your charakter move while you grab! Second pretty good solution is ipisoft!
There is a freeware solution for kinekt too! Google that!
I would not get one of those suits or the equipment for Iclone! The sensor can break very easily!
https://youtu.be/Q_2N_IthX74

http://ipisoft.com

https://youtu.be/1UPZtS5LVvw