TrueParticles question.

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

TrueParticles question.

Post by Kurt » 12 Aug 2009, 02:01

Gentlemen. :bananahi:

Is there a way to import movie footage into Truespace, (maybe as an avi file or an image sequence), and then plonk a True Particles emitter over it and thus create an effect directly on the footage?

I know I can get a jpeg image as a background, and add a TrueParticles effect over it, but I'd like to be able to do this directly to a clip. It would spare me all the trouble of combining or chromakeying an emitter effect to a clip in post.

On the same topic, if anyone uses Primal Particles, can it be done in that App, too?

Emmanuel
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: TrueParticles question.

Post by Emmanuel » 16 Aug 2009, 18:12

In tS, Model side, you can :
1- paint a plane with an animated picture and set its size according to the animated footage ratio/scale (like 4:3),
2- open a new 3D window, set its size at the same ratio (like 800x600 pixels)
3- use the ZoomToFit plugin to make the 3D windows frame to match the "background" plane.
Depending on your footage format you can also use the "animate" option in "Background Effect Shader -Image" options panel.

I think you can load a footage to play in the background of Primalparticles. Perhaps you should read its manual :)

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt » 18 Aug 2009, 00:08

Emmanuel wrote:In tS, Model side, you can :
1- paint a plane with an animated picture and set its size according to the animated footage ratio/scale (like 4:3),
2- open a new 3D window, set its size at the same ratio (like 800x600 pixels)
3- use the ZoomToFit plugin to make the 3D windows frame to match the "background" plane.
Depending on your footage format you can also use the "animate" option in "Background Effect Shader -Image" options panel.

I think you can load a footage to play in the background of Primalparticles. Perhaps you should read its manual :)
Thanks, Emmanuel.

marcel
Captain
Type the number ten into the box: 0

Post by marcel » 18 Aug 2009, 22:05

If you use several particules emitters above a movie. You can first create a plan with animated texture (your movie). create a cam and a do a new windows from the cam (same size of the movie). Place the camera perpendicular to the plane and move it until the plane have the size of the windows. select the cam and glue it with the plane. now when you move the cam the plane appears fixed on the windows as a background. Use the cam to move the emitters (the emitters don't move really, it is the cam and the plane who move). This may be more practical. It depends on what you want to do as a vertical emitter who follow the move of the backgroung without change the direction of the particules because the emitters don't really move. The plane have a constant shader, it create no shadow and receive no shadow. In this case the render don't change the colors of the movie and it is faster. i prefer to use a plane because a background can do bad render with reflexion, transparency or others functions.
Design - illustration - Animation
http://www.crea-vision.fr

Kurt
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Kurt » 20 Aug 2009, 01:32

Thank you, Marcel. I'll try that and see how I go.

Cheers,
Kurt